So I guess the forum ate my post

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
I'll try again:

Looking for a wireless router recommendation. $200-300 preferred, $500-600 max. Fast n' stable.

Thanks.

I'll try again:

Looking for a wireless router recommendation. $200-300 preferred, $500-600 max. Fast n' stable.

Thanks.

What are your requirements and needs? AC? Distance? Dual wan support? any special firmware? Any special environment this is going to operate in (outdoors, office - what size, number of machines connected_. Also what speed Internet do you have?

I'd like AC since 2 of my devices support it and I'll upgrade the 3rd to support it soon. It's not essential, but it would be preferable. Distance is moderate, 30 feet or so, the difficulty being the construction that there will be some concrete between some of that. No dual WAN, I don't care about firmware so long as it works. It'll be at home, 8 devices connected, 5 wired, 3 wireless. Internet speed is 150mbps.

I tried a Netgear R7000 but it apparently has issues. Why it has issues I'm not sure, but I'm really not interested in messing around. What happens, if you are curious, is that the web admin is exceedingly slow and unreliable from my desktop. Happens even if I plug it right in. My laptop has no issues, nor does my desktop have other network issues (it's fast on the Internet, talks to other devices no problem, etc).

So I'm after something less problematic.

Back