so..i bought half-life 2...

Nolemiah

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
114
is it worth playing at low/medium settings? I'm really trying to hold off until I get my new machine(which will be in a couple of months), because i want to experience it fully. but...gskjadhlkhgsda. yep. i wanna play. right now here are my specs:
radeon 9500 pro
athlon 2600+
512 mb corsair xms ram
45 gb wd hard drive.
19" incredibly shitty hp pavilion monitor. it's like going to a reverse planetarium. if that makes any sense.
gahhhhhhhh
damn it will someone just loan me 2600 dollars so I can skip all this saving up crap?
 
your system should be able to show it adequately. You might want to use an overclocking program for your video card, as the 9500pro shows good gains in doing so. As for the crap monitor, well, go to some garage sales. I got a KDS Trinitron and a Philips flat screen crts 19 inch for $15 and $10 - both work quite well.
 
Nolemiah said:
is it worth playing at low/medium settings? I'm really trying to hold off until I get my new machine(which will be in a couple of months), because i want to experience it fully. but...gskjadhlkhgsda. yep. i wanna play. right now here are my specs:
radeon 9500 pro
athlon 2600+
512 mb corsair xms ram
45 gb wd hard drive.
19" incredibly shitty hp pavilion monitor. it's like going to a reverse planetarium. if that makes any sense.
gahhhhhhhh
damn it will someone just loan me 2600 dollars so I can skip all this saving up crap?
Sounds like you really just need a new video card and monitor...assuming that ram is 3200, and you mb can handle it, you should be able to pump that chip up to 3200+ speeds...
 
Get a VGA silencer for that 9500. It did wonderful things for my OC; I run at 380 core from 277 stock.
 
The machine in my sig plays at 1024x768 very very nicely.....60fps+...settings are at default for textures tho...im guessing medium? I'm ordering a new videcard tomorrow and wanted to wait...BUT JUST COULDNT!!!! haha, and im glad....runs quite nicely...and your videocard by all stances should be better than me. 1024x768 is acceptable to me...a bit too many jaggies at some point but I havn't been able to use AA + AF with high res so I'm sure once I do that I'll never go back :)
 
Back
Top