So I bought a wii...

vengence

Level capped
My brother owns a Wii. And I've borrowed his before for a lenght of time. My wife wanted Wii Fit, so I broke down and bought the console and the Wii Fit. What games should I get for MY collection (not hers).

I've played Zelda, Excite Truck, Mario Kart, Super Swing golf (really enjoyed the game), Wii sports, Wii play, Guitar Hero, Okomi, Super Striker Charged.

I enjoy FPS games, but I'm kind of graphics snobbish so I don't think I want to get into them on the Wii. Not sure you can go backwards after playing CoD4 at max settings 4xAA at 1920x1200.

why not rent a bunch of games and see which ones you like AND then buy them?............................................

Scrap any attempt at FPS games as none are any good. You might consider Resident Evil 4 Wii edition, though. It's only $20, and it's a 5-star game with good graphics.
Other than the ones you mentioned, you should probably look to Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Galaxy.

You are already 6-7 games ahead of everyone else :) haha
Leave FPS to the other consoles if you have them or PC

Mario Galaxy was my favorite game on any platform last year, and considering how amazing a year it was with The Orange Box, Bioshock, Call Of Duty 4, etc etc, that's saying a lot.

Smash Bros is cool if you have friends to play with in person. Otherwise its pretty good but nothing beats playing it with your friends right there. Resident Evil 4 Wii is a great game. Yes it is only a control update from the Gamecube version but it is still a fantastic game (my favorite from 2005). Boom Blox is surprisingly good. Check out some reviews and see if it is for you, but it is a really fun game so far. I'm going to get into it some more once I've made some more headway into GTA4.

Wow GTA4 for the Wii would be cool.... (just think of the control scheme possibilities :O)

Seriously though, I forgot to mention I had played Mario Galaxy. It was good.

Anyone downloaded that FF game for 15$ through the shop?

Oh, and any good games to play multiplayer through the net? Like I stated earlier my brother has a wii, and some out of town friends do too.

Metriod is sort of FPS. More adventure but I think you'd dig it. Art direction on that is very good so graphically not as bad as the typical wii FPP game.

Metroid Prime 3 is a really good FPS with the controls being almost perfect. Another that i would recomend is one of my new favorite games for the Wii - No More Heroes - kinda short and a GTA clone with less options/features but still a great and enjoyable game. I almost started it over again after i finished it but i promised my self my next game to play would be Okami. Also dont forget it plays Gamecube games so those are an option.

Also dont forget it plays Gamecube games so those are an option.

I play more Gamecube games on the Wii than anything. Frankly, the Gamecube games are better, and the controller is comfy. I'm going to get a nervous tic if I have to keep flicking that stupid wii stick every 2 seconds (Super Mario Galaxy, I'm looking at you). :)

In my short time owning the Wii, i would advice you to stay the hell away from any FPS or racing games. I played COD 3 all the way through on the 360 and really enjoyed it. Tried it on the Wii, It's absolutely terrible. The controls are awful. This past week i made the unfortunate mistake of dropping $45 on mx vs atv untamed, which was a game i tried on a friend's 360 and really really like. Again, the controls are awful.

Tiger Woods 08 was a good buy for me, and having researched a bit more since getting burned on MX vs ATV, i think i'm going to buy excite truck next.

Regarding FPS's on the Wii. There are 2 standouts right now, Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Control is EXCELLENT for those two games, IMO.

Metroid Prime being more of an adventure title rather than a straight ahead shooter.

MOHH2 has even better control than MP3. Plus, it's just plain fun to re-load the shotgun. It also feature 32 player online that is as lag free as you can get. I never have any trouble finding a game to pop into (and YOU choose the server you want to join and can come and go as you please).

+1 for Metroid, +1 for Okami, and yea, SSBB is awesome when you're with your friends in the room. online actually worked fine for me, but not as fun as taunting the guy next to you as you eat him and steal his powers, lol.

all i have is mario kart and wii fit, im spending most of my nintendo hours on the virtual console!

Back