So how Serious is Serious Sam 3???

first/second encounter are still awesome, more so than 3. 3 doesn't have replay value for me. I can play 1st/2nd endlessly.

first/second encounter are still awesome, more so than 3. 3 doesn't have replay value for me. I can play 1st/2nd endlessly.

Same for me, but 3's new dlc Jewel of the Nile looks pretty good, the sniper rifle makes a triumphant return!

For now, I refuse to buy the SS3 DLC. Game companies need to stop doing that shit already.

For now, I refuse to buy the SS3 DLC. Game companies need to stop doing that shit already.

By "that shit" do you mean actively patching bugs a year after release and porting their games to Mac and Linux just because they want to? Those greedy assholes, they deserve no money in exchange for the software they develop!

By "that shit" do you mean actively patching bugs a year after release and porting their games to Mac and Linux just because they want to? Those greedy assholes, they deserve no money in exchange for the software they develop!

LOL, indeed. These devs deserve our support IMHO.

If they got it right the first time, they wouldn't have to fix the mistakes. I buy games and expect to play the full game without issues. If it doesn't work, then they can refund money or fix it; not charge to fix or extend gameplay.

For years users, without pay, have extended gameplay for lots of games... so now companies think they can charge for it. Whatever.

If they got it right the first time, they wouldn't have to fix the mistakes. I buy games and expect to play the full game without issues. If it doesn't work, then they can refund money or fix it; not charge to fix or extend gameplay.

For years users, without pay, have extended gameplay for lots of games... so now companies think they can charge for it. Whatever.

It's a moot point. If you're interested in the game it's fixed, it's cheap, it kicks ass. Unlike too many others, at least these guys owned up to their mistakes and have been making things right. They're serious about supporting this game.

Yeah, they've added noting for free. :rolleyes: Not a few different multiplayer modes and maps, not stereoscopic 3d support, They haven't added a single feature from suggestions from buyers. :rolleyes:

Guess what, I played through the entire game at launch without issue.

You just can't please some people. Typical of the entitlement generation.

Yeah, they've added noting for free. :rolleyes: Not a few different multiplayer modes and maps, not stereoscopic 3d support, They haven't added a single feature from suggestions from buyers. :rolleyes:

Guess what, I played through the entire game at launch without issue.

You just can't please some people. Typical of the entitlement generation.

I never said they didn't. I've also played the game from beginning to end on launch day without issue, that doesn't mean there wasn't issues on some peoples setups.

Entitlement generation? I've been gaming on the pc for over 12 years now. I don't recall having to pay money for short "addons" that isn't worth their price back then. UT had thousands of DLC that was user created and free.

I never said they didn't. I've also played the game from beginning to end on launch day without issue, that doesn't mean there wasn't issues on some peoples setups.

Entitlement generation? I've been gaming on the pc for over 12 years now. I don't recall having to pay money for short "addons" that isn't worth their price back then.

Well thats bound to happen and if you didn't have any issues then what are you bitching about?

UT had thousands of DLC that was user created and free.

First of all what did UT launch at? I paid a good bit less than $30 for SS3 at launch.

Second of all is not buying this content stopping you from playing any sort of content online like with BF3 or COD?

The game also has good mod support.

Someone else mentioned patching the game, not me.

No idea what UT launched at, I also do not recall what I paid for SS3. I do wish they'd make an official linux dedicated server setup so I can host my own server.

I didn't buy BF3 nor did I buy any COD games.

The part where the woman asks Sam if he found the phone and he replies "you mean the one you just called?" made me laugh a lot.

The part where the woman asks Sam if he found the phone and he replies "you mean the one you just called?" made me laugh a lot.

I liked this one better...

"There's awfully quiet down here, nothing has tried to kill me in minutes, creepy!" :D

Just want to mention that while I loved the base game, the DLC is pretty shit.

I don't know what happened, but it's ridiculously unpolished: you can run through trees, some models clip through geometry, you can see the sun through buildings, extremely low res textures on a lot of things, missing lighting effects, etc.

Wait for patch or something.

You were the one complaining about it for some reason though.

They have added a fair bit of content through patches btw.

Try to keep up please.

I said I refuse to pay for DLC. (Aka "that shit")

Someone asked, if by "that shit" I was referring to them patching the game for bugs a year after relese.

I replied if they got it right the first time, they wouldn't have to fix the mistakes and bugs. Hence I already paid for a working game, if the game doesn't work, then they should either refund the money or fix the game; I've already paid. Completely irrelevant to DLC, but whatever.

You implied that I said they added nothing for free, which I never said they didn't; my point is they are forcing me to buy content for a game that I shouldn't have to pay for. Just like you said, the game has mod support and lots of users, for free mind you, have already released mods/content free of charge. So why should the developer feel that if they do the same, they should charge more? If they want to continue to give players replay valve, so new potential players will have someone to play with in multiplayer then they shouldn't charge the old players more money.

You claim I was bitching about patches, when I was not. I was merely stating that what they did is expected in this industry. It's not a privilege and it damn sure isn't something we, as the end user base, should have to PAY for later down the road. We already paid the initial cost of the game.

As such, they shouldn't raise the cost of the game for new players either, just to play all that's available. As it sits right now you have to pay $49 to play the entire game. Which I do admit, is still cheaper than what most games cost initially, but where does it end? I'm not going to get "nickle and dime" to death by these companies thinking that I will pay money to play something, when someone with some free time can create just as good, if not better content for us without charging. The only costs really are hosting the content so others can enjoy it. Which I do understand costs money most of the time.

I laughed out loud as well. Was definitely a memorial moment.

I'm a little over halfway through and thoroughly enjoying it.
I have all the SS iterations,retail discs and Steam hd versions.
I bought SS3 for $9.95 from Steam and like it so much I bought "Jewel" for $8.99.

While I'm not fond of all this dlc bs found in a lot of games these days I bought this dlc because I was having so much fun with the main game I didn't want it to end.
For less than $19 I have no problem with Croteam's handling of the game or dlc.

I guess with all the other new games out, I didn't realize the DLC was out. I'm looking forward to trying the DLC over my Thanksgiving break. Last year, when I played SS3 it kept crashing so I gave up on it.

ss3 was great that i end up buying so many companies as xmas gifts

Back