• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So how old is your SSD?

ShuttleLuv

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
7,534
Anyone still using a SSD drive from 2009+? LMK and whats the condition of yours? All I ever hear is they wear out yada yada, but mine has TRIM enabled and always has and it's been written to for awhile now and still feels 100% as fast and benches exactly the same as when it was new, if not a bit better.
 
Still using 3x 30g vertex 1 for my os drive (raid 0). Setup sometime in 2009 I believe.
 
The oldest I'm using or managing:

2x Intel X18-M G1
2x Intel X25-M G2

But I've installed about 30 SSD's now, no issues with any of them ever.
 
My oldest is a patriot warp 128GB, which had no TRIM. It's degraded pretty badly, can maybe sustain 40mbps sequential and random is like 2-3 Mbps. So it's about as fast as a platter drive. But it has no lag what so ever so I use it solely to stream iTunes since it makes skipping songs so effortless.

But it still is powered on 24/7. Since I hardly ever write to it anymore I think it will be ok.

Paid $350 for it back in 09 or do and that was considered cheap back then for a 128.

My Intel G2 160GB is rocking every day. Still not convinced to replace it.
 
Back
Top