so how many 2001FPs have you gone through?

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
Messages
17,533
well, I'm still in my what seems to be a never ending quest for that perfect 2001FP with no backlighting / dead pixels issues. I have my third one on it's way and I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm.

I sometimes think I'm being to anal when it comes to getting an LCD with NO dead pixels but gosh darn it, $1,000 is alot of money to me and I think I have every right to get a perfect LCD.

so.

for those of you in the same boat as me, how many have you gone through now in your quest for the perfect 2001FP?
 
2001fp should be here by the end of the week. I have all my fingers and toes crossed. Girlfriend is taking a class where she has to work on cadvares. I asked her to cross all their fingers and toes too...if they arent too stiff.


phas3d
 
I'm on my first one. It's not perfect but it's good enough for me. I have one dead pixel which is hardly noticable. I have a slight backlight issue but the only time I notice that is if I'm playing a movie in letterbox and the room is completely dark. Unless it's completely dark I never notice the backlight issue. Since I don't watch many movies in the dark and the dead pixel is hardly noticeable I decided to keep this monitor.

I feel I got lucky since most of the monitors have more problems then mine. It's going to be hard to find one that is completely fault free.
 
3rd one should be here on monday. I dont mind working with Dell on my returns. So far they have been painless and i get to keep useing them till the new one gets here.. This screen is worth the trouble.
 
Originally posted by phas3d
2001fp should be here by the end of the week. I have all my fingers and toes crossed. Girlfriend is taking a class where she has to work on cadvares. I asked her to cross all their fingers and toes too...if they arent too stiff.


phas3d


that so fucking morbid

:p
 
Back
Top