So how do i overclock my RAM?

HRslammR

2[H]4U
links or full on explanations are welcomed and appreticated.

i've overclocked my CPU and video card so let's see what the RAM can do.

what's next? harddrive? ;)

If you overclocked your CPU you are probably overclocking your RAM also. As you increase your FSB to o/c your cpu it also raises the FSB for your RAM. If your 2500+ is locked you have your FSB at 200 to get to 3200+ speeds, but you have PC3200 ram so it is running at its default speed, if you aren't using a divider.

You can lower your memory timings though, like if you have cas 2.5 you can try lowering it to 2.0. You can also lower the other memory timings.

Your CPU and RAM works hand in hand so if you raise the FSB to overclock the CPU then you are also overclocking the RAM. If you want to squeeze more out of the RAM though, lower the latencies. But if you are overclocking the FSB more then the meory is rated for, low latencies may make your system unstable.

Harddrives huh?... hope ur joking :p

Originally posted by enforcer17
Your CPU and RAM works hand in hand so if you raise the FSB to overclock the CPU then you are also overclocking the RAM. If you want to squeeze more out of the RAM though, lower the latencies. But if you are overclocking the FSB more then the meory is rated for, low latencies may make your system unstable.

Harddrives huh?... hope ur joking :p

I agree ^^^^. You dont' overclock harddrives unless you mean running them beyond the pci specs which isn't good.

Originally posted by MontyAC
I agree ^^^^. You dont' overclock harddrives unless you mean running them beyond the pci specs which isn't good.

haha of course i'm kidding.

but um... how do i lower the latency on the timings for the RAM? i think mine is somewhere in the 3's or something.

Not sure what type of BIOS your MSI board uses, but get into it at startup. Should be in there.

Back