So did I get lucky with this cpu or is this normal? 3000+ (Venice)

Anime_Fan

[H]ard|Gawd
So I just overclocked this thing for the first time and I just did a 14 hour stress test with prime 95 at 2325 Mhz 290 x 8 @ 1.425v 48-49c Load. I dont know how much farther she'll go, I ran into what looked like a voltage issue after dropping the multi and hitting the low 300 fsb range. Maybe I can get 295 x 8 :) we'll see.

Anyway this is a 525 Mhz overclock on air is that a lot better than normal? I am suprised I have gotten this far, I was honestly going to be satisfied if I made it close to 2200. Anyway time for some 3dmark 2005 fun {^_^}

Keep goin, pal. I've got the same board, but a Winchester 3000+ processor, and my particular stepping (CBBID) will not let me overclock past 220 FSB in BIOS. Hopefully I'll be getting a Venice soon, now that I know they overclock with my board.

Mnty9er said:
Keep goin, pal. I've got the same board, but a Winchester 3000+ processor, and my particular stepping (CBBID) will not let me overclock past 220 FSB in BIOS. Hopefully I'll be getting a Venice soon, now that I know they overclock with my board.

I've been having issues with the BIOS as well, can't get past 235 FSB. I was informed that a new BIOS is coming out that resolves this issue but its not available yet but of course its available for the SLI boards ..... sigh.... :(

This is all with clockgen for now....

If you go to the AMD section there is a post about someone who got the new E6 venice 3000+ and it runs at 2700 with only 1.35V :eek:

Mine is stable at 295x9, that's almost 2.7Ghz. Keep going. If you have good cooling you might be able to make it 290x9 instead of 290x8.

I've got pretty decent cooling, I am at 47c under prime95 load as I type this. It hasnt fluctuated from this point in the last 200 Mhz or so. I am using the Aerocool HT-101 cooler with 2 80mm fans.

1.35V ? isnt stock 1.4? thats pretty sweet, I only bumped mine up just because I was having an issue at the 7x multi and wasn't sure if the cpu needed more juice or the chipset.

Damn Spooge thats a sweet OC!! almost 1ghz!!

I am at 2425 right now 45 minute prime test

See my Sig,
Idle temp - 28C
Load temp - 38C after 15 Hours Prime

After a few hours gaming I've yet to see it go above 35C

Can run at 2.8 stable for everything but gaming so I've stopped where I am for now.

Feels quick which is all I really want anyway.

For his motherboard, he pretty much has no choice. The MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI is _finally_ kicking some ass now with the new bios.

2uantuM said:
For his motherboard, he pretty much has no choice. The MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI is _finally_ kicking some ass now with the new bios.

^^^^

yeah what he said!!! I just checked again today and still no new BIOS release :(

Try using MSI's tech support. They are generally very fast for me, and they may give you a link to a BIOS.

2uantuM said:

I've never used Clockgen, Bios is all I need. (Bios v3.0 or v3.6 Only)

BIOS SETTING

Adjust CPU FSB Frequency - 302
HT Frequency - x3
HT Width - 16 16
Cool 'n' Quiet - Disabled
Adjust CPU Ratio - x9
Adjust CPU VID - 1.45v
Extra CPU Voltage - 3.3%
Memory Voltage - 2.8v
NF4 Voltage - 1.6v

DRAM Configuration
Timing Mode - Manual
MEMClock Index Value - 166
TCL - 3
TRAS - 8
TRCD - 4
TRP - 4
User Config Mode - Manual
1T/2T Memory Timing - 1T

http://riscmaster.cybertechniquesinc.com/images/MSI_K8N_NEO4_PLATINUM-SLI_SANDRA05_MDUDE.gif

http://riscmaster.cybertechniquesinc.com/images/MSI_K8N_NEO4_PLATINUM-SLI_MEMREAD_MDUDE.gif

This site might help you out a little -

http://riscmaster.cybertechniquesinc.com

Wouldn't the BIOS overclocking take forver? I was told to use Prime95 set to Small FTTs while raising the FSB 3Mhz for 1 minute intervals.
I couldn't get my CBBID winny past 2.35 MHz...hmmm...odd thing is i have an Ultra-D board, not an MSI.

I think my winny is just horrible. :rolleyes:

Clockgen is GREAT for testing. You can continually adjust your htt, vcore, cpu multi,etc to yor hearts content. In bios you make 1 adjustment, reboot and see how it works.
In other words, monkey around with settings to see how they work in clokgen, THEN set it in bios.

I got my 3000+ to run at 2790mhz stable on stock air with 1.57 vcore. Keep going...

2uantuM said:
Try using MSI's tech support. They are generally very fast for me, and they may give you a link to a BIOS.

I see they have it posted for the K8N Diamond where is the platinum love? :( Yeah maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow or something after work.

4 shizzle? Hmmm I'll give it a shot later ;)

I just modded my case temp dropped down to 20c about a 10c drop it used to hang out around 29-30c :)

My CPU dropped about a clean 3c as well :)

Now its time for more stability testing :D

2uantuM said:
the diamond bios will work fine on the plat.

Hey I just tried to flash with that BIOS and it wont let me. It says the part numbers dont match. The diamond is 7100 and the platinum is 7125

Dang this sucks I want MSI to release the bios already. Why do all the other K8N boards get one? Bastards!!!!

Anime_Fan said:
Dang this sucks I want MSI to release the bios already. Why do all the other K8N boards get one? Bastards!!!!

Well you could always try this 1.6 Bios for your board from the MSI site in Korea.

http://www.msi-korea.co.kr/program/support/support_dld_detail.php?part=1&serials=88&uid=K8N%20Neo4%20플래티넘&name=소켓%20939%20(AMD%20K8)&chip_id=51

Or this 1.64 Bios (http://msi.designlab.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=2172) from this helpful site.

http://www.lejabeach.com/MSIK8N/k8nneo4ultra/k8nneo4.html

Good luck.

Ahhh thanks dude!! I'll give the 1.6 official a try from that lejabeach site.

OMG it worked!! awesome!!!!! I just booted at 300 FSB and am typing on it as we speak :D

Thanks so much for your help man!! Later I'll try and go higher {^_^}

Anime_Fan said:
OMG it worked!! awesome!!!!! I just booted at 300 FSB and am typing on it as we speak :D

Thanks so much for your help man!! Later I'll try and go higher {^_^}

Better change your SIG now then eh!

3000+ venice's are the steal of the century imo

$150 for FX-55 performance, and some up to FX-57

with overlocking of cource...

I've pushed mine a little more and everythings currently ticking over nicely.

See the SIG.

Temps still idle around 28 -29C and hitting 38C under load.

I don't care what anyone says but I love my big arse Zalman 7700Cu.

Back