So did any 7800GT reviews mention when the AGP version was due?

Can someone please tell me why I need to upgrade my system to PCI-E when my system still has a lot of life? Also the fact that AGP will be able to keep up with PCI-E for awhile to come. You people who simply say "upgrade to PCI-E for no reason at all" are out of your mind.

Please get your heads out of space for a second.

Nightrain said:
Can someone please tell me why I need to upgrade my system to PCI-E when my system still has a lot of life? Also the fact that AGP will be able to keep up with PCI-E for awhile to come. You people who simply say "upgrade to PCI-E for no reason at all" are out of your mind.

Please get your heads out of space for a second.

QFT!

jacuzz1 said:
Made metion in thier video card buyers guide today that the 7800gt agp is several weeks away on the context of presumption. The statement was like they were aware of a date.

Quote"Unfortunately for AGP holders, this card is only available in PCIe form for at least several more weeks. People should really think about making the transition to a PCIe graphics slot if they're in the market for a new high-end/extreme card right now, since AGP (for all practical purposes) is dying quickly. " end of quote

Can't believe I missed that one!

They actually make the statement concerning a GTX!!

Several weeks is ok. I'm betting around thanksgiving and just in time for some games that can use that power. :D

Back