So AMD..about that whole Physics Processing thing?

Technikal

Gawd
The ball is still on the floor..
My CPU is tired of running all these physics calculations :)

Indeed. The bulk of the work no longer falls at the individual game developer's feet. It is all done by the engine developer and as soon as that is implemented ALL games running on a mantle supporting engine will benefit from it.

My CPU is tired of running all these physics calculations :)

Gives us grumpy Intel zealots a reason to push Intel on giving us more than these 5% yearly improvements instead of sitting around and toying with iGPU's for the desktop and power saving features for mobile devices.

CPU's aren't at a end-all-be-all powerful state that people make them out to be, but yeah I agree. Nvidia should just release the PhysX technology because that is going NOWHERE fast and really is just a childish, "nah nah nah nah nah NAH!" at this point.

Open Source is the future for computing and it always has been what pushed things onward. Proprietary technologies in mainstream hardware isn't helping anyone.

stop gaming at low res :rolleyes:

at 1600p my two 680's or my two 7970's don't need the extra load with a 3930k cpu or 4770k depending on witch system I use doing little or half loaded

stop gaming at low res :rolleyes:

at 1600p my two 680's or my two 7970's don't need the extra load with a 3930k cpu or 4770k depending on witch system I use doing little or half loaded

GPUs handle physics calculations must faster than any CPU will which is the whole point

I took a spare GTX 260 and went the hybrid PhysX route. Having a blast so far. There are options people....

open source is the worst thing that has happened to PC gaming period.

PC gaming was at it's zeneith when Glide, A3D existed. the faster this open source garbage dies the better. all open source has done for gaming is lead to inefficiency and waste. I hope mantle takes off, I hope physx takes off, i hope trueaudio takes off, so we can actually start using all these hardware advances.

PC gaming was at it's zeneith when Glide, A3D existed. the faster this open source garbage dies the better. all open source has done for gaming is lead to inefficiency and waste. I hope mantle takes off, I hope physx takes off, i hope trueaudio takes off, so we can actually start using all these hardware advances.

Are you joking?

not sure if serious

Surely you can't be serious.

http://xkcd.com/927/

why? AMD would still have to do its own physix engine, isn't it?

Of course not! Think of the GPU as a super CPU. All they would have to do is load Havok or whatever else they want onto the GPU and let it do the calculations instead of the CPU. It would get calculated much faster that way. For example when I stream to Twitch.tv, I play the game on the same 7950 that I also render video on at the same time. That way my CPU doesn't have to do the rendering necessary to upload to Twitch.tv. My 7950 is fast enough to handle both loads at the same time without frame loss.

Of course not! Think of the GPU as a super CPU. All they would have to do is load Havok or whatever else they want onto the GPU and let it do the calculations instead of the CPU. It would get calculated much faster that way. For example when I stream to Twitch.tv, I play the game on the same 7950 that I also render video on at the same time. That way my CPU doesn't have to do the rendering necessary to upload to Twitch.tv. My 7950 is fast enough to handle both loads at the same time without frame loss.

I don't think it would be that easy.

Lmfao wow. You have no idea how software, physics, libraries, or algorithms work.

Back