SNMP to multiple machines???????????????

heavenlykid

Limp Gawd
OK here goes. I'm trying to monitor multiple machines/switches with SNMP. I have a cacti box setup on 10.0.3.x and the machines I'm monitoring are on 10.0.3.xa , 10.0.3.xb , 10.0.3.xc. here is my question. My firewall will only allow me to forward a port to one IP Addy so if its forwarded to 10.0.3.xa how do i also get it to monitor on IP's 10.0.3.xb, 10.0.3.xc ??? More or less i need to know how to forward a port to 3 different machines. Please don't laugh I'm new to SNMP and monitoring.

Also I know cacti is setup correctly because it will correctly monitor what ever machine I port forward 161 to but when i do this it stops monitoring the other 2 machines.

If you are having to port forward then you can simply assign different ports for each host. Your firewall should allow for nonlinear mapping (e.g. Not the same port number).

Code:
Port:        Host:Port
-----------------------------
11161       10.0.3.a:161
11162       10.0.3.b:161
11163       10.0.3.c.161

So if they are all on the same network, why is your firewall involved? Is that same box doing your routing?

according to your original info, your cacti box is on the same network as your other devices. so your firewall shouldn't have any part of this. it should all be switched.

Back