SNMP Software for WAN's?

primeaub

n00b
Hey guys,
I've been trying to search and find some information out on some SNMP software.
Basically here is what I'm looking for...
- SNMP Monitoring with alerting (This is a big one for me, did a switch/router/server die? I want a text/email/phone call!)
- Cannot be free (Company policy for some reason...they think if we use free software then we can't get support on it if we have problems)
- Traffic analyzer of some sort too (who is generating traffic?)

We have a Cisco backbone and 7 remote facilities I would like to monitor with this, along with our corporate office.
Let me know if there are any other questions I can try to answer.
Looking for ideas...
thanks in advance!

Sorry I didn't post a budget...let's just say not very much.
I looked at Orion a little bit a while back. Does it offer the ability to monitor several sites or is this an extra cost?
i'll keep looking and trying to learn.
thanks again!

Sorry I didn't post a budget...let's just say not very much.
I looked at Orion a little bit a while back. Does it offer the ability to monitor several sites or is this an extra cost?
i'll keep looking and trying to learn.
thanks again!

Yes, we use it to monitor multiple customer locations.

Sweet...how does that work? do you have something at each location or just everything comes back to a central site?

In our particular configuration, we use one server to poll many client devices over site to site VPNs.

okay, and does this do traffic monitoring at the remote locations as well? I'm sorry for being a noobie on this, I haven't messed with SNMP too much at all. Thanks again for all of your great help.

Anyone know anything about a program called Net Scout?

Also, I spoke to a Solarwinds rep...pretty helpful and I passed the information on to the rest of my team to evaluate.

Back