Sniper Elite 5

It's coming to console Game Pass on day 1, but anybody know if PC Game Pass was mentioned?

EPIC probably just watched the video it says Steam they knew the Epic deal wasn't worth it.

I've enjoyed all of these thus far, with each one getting better. Too few SP games anymore, let alone stealth SP games, so I'll probably take the chance and pre-order.
Your perception of the volume of single player games compared to multiplayer games is skewed. Just because the latter are more popular than the former doesn't mean they outnumber the former on the market.

Your perception of the volume of single player games compared to multiplayer games is skewed. Just because the latter are more popular than the former doesn't mean they outnumber the former on the market.

If we're comparing budgets they do. Tons of 8 hour long Indie games, child focused Nintendo style games... but Mass Effect or Dishonored caliber games, not even close. Needless argument either way.

If we're comparing budgets they do. Tons of 8 hour long Indie games, child focused Nintendo style games... but Mass Effect or Dishonored caliber games, not even close. Needless argument either way.
14 out of the 23 (61%) games listed with official budget figures are primarily single player games. Only 5 of the 23 are primarily multiplayer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
1648048876410.png

1648048986682.png

I picked up the regular version I usually don't play the DLC unless it involves killing Adolf eating soup. I just want to see the update graphics physics. I wanted the Zombie game released by rebellion but it was on Epic. I also wanted that Strange Squad game but it was cOOp

14 out of the 23 (61%) games listed with official budget figures are primarily single player games. Only 5 of the 23 are primarily multiplayer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
View attachment 456593
View attachment 456594

You're kidding me, right? One game on that entire list is yet to be released; with two others being relatively recent. This list dates back to 1982!! If we're going to take into account every game that has every been made, then sure there are more SP than MP, heavily weighted prior to 2015. Now show me SP vs MMO, MP & COOP in the last 5 years; actually addressing my original opinion. I mean, are you just bored needing something to argue about or was this a legit attempt at a point? Hell I'd even count the Assassins Creed and Far Cry games as SP.

I wasnt a big fan of Contracts 2 Sniper Ghost Warrior the setting just sucked cause it was super long range sniper fire I'm talking pin points like miles away and people are POWs like miles away far from the original vision.

I have enjoyed all the Sniper Elite installments. I'm lazy and like that I can just shoot the rifle and hit targets without all the correction for wind, etc.

I don't know of a single online only Assassin's Creed or Far Cry game, so yes, all of those games are SP. Some of the games did have some tack on multiplayer components but all have been SP focused. I'm wondering what your criteria is for an SP game?

They are SP games, just SP games with an in-game store. They are formula built to cater to people's compulsions; based on the same psych research that the 'games as a service' & mobile titles use. They tend to be light on story and heavy on leveling up. For all these reasons I tend to lump them in with MMO's and consider them SP with tongue in cheek. Regardless, while they are not an old school BioWare title, they are still SP games and I own most of them.

Can't wait! Why would a single player game need denuvo though? Is it just for DRM in this case?

Wonder if it would come to GoG ever...

I cancled my preorder even though I like the series it doesn't look any different than the pervious games.
I still have Sniper Elite 4 installed but never finished it. Sniper Elite Contracts is more my type of thing.

Nice discount at Greenman. All in digital deluxe for me... not that there was ever any doubt really. ;)

They are SP games, just SP games with an in-game store. They are formula built to cater to people's compulsions; based on the same psych research that the 'games as a service' & mobile titles use. They tend to be light on story and heavy on leveling up. For all these reasons I tend to lump them in with MMO's and consider them SP with tongue in cheek. Regardless, while they are not an old school BioWare title, they are still SP games and I own most of them.
LOL. So how people play the games is irrelevant, only your opinion matters ? No, none of the Far Cry, or Assassin's creed games are online games. They are absolutely, 100% primarily SP games.

LOL. So how people play the games is irrelevant, only your opinion matters ? No, none of the Far Cry, or Assassin's creed games are online games. They are absolutely, 100% primarily SP games.

My opinion is just that, MY OPINION, it's importance is debatable at best. You are coming in mid-conversation, but certainly not worth the argument my original statement has drummed up.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I think it sounds good. Less of a sniper game, not that the previous games outside of the first really were. But I enjoyed 2/3/4 and this looks like more of the same with a bigger emphasis on action. Not a huge deal, seems like it may offer more gameplay options. I just hope we can realistically finish most missions from long distances.

Not big on the concept of crazy gun customization in WWII, but again this isn't going for realism and wants to be more of an action shooter. As long as the basic WWII configurations are sufficient to finish each map without problem I'd be fine.

Guess I'm just lazy but the Ghost Warrior games are a little too technical to me — I like to just point and shoot, not fumble with the wind, velocity, elevation, etc.

I supposed that's why I like Sniper Elite more.

Back