• Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
  • Super Mario Kart™
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
  • Super Mario World™
  • Super Metroid™
  • Super Punch-Out!! ™
  • Yoshi’s Island™

snes_classic_games_1024.png

i hear it features limited stock, eye watering third party prices and then as fast as it gets here it gets EOL'ed.

there isn't enough nostalgia to make me EVER give money to nintendo.

Get this.
and a few of these
or these

Don't have to wait until September, and, you can play other systems too. (NES, Famicom, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's basically the short list of all the good games on the platform . The only thing missing is FF2, and perhaps Killer Instinct.

And that's why I'm glad I skipped the SNES. The vast majority was 3rd-party shovelware rushed-out to compete with the Genesis, or just ports. I was able to play those small list of good native games on friend's systems easily enough.

At least with the NES Classic, there were enough good games in the catalog to have arguments over what 30 games were finally selected. And whether they would add more later.

There are only 21 games in the SNES Classic.

Last edited:
Needs Chrono Trigger, but yeah - that's a damn fine list.
Chrono Trigger is overrated, but I'd still take it over Final Fantasy III.

With Star Fox 2 being included you know Nintendo is going to pull the same shenanigans they did with the NES Classic...

I'll get 2, one to go along with my NES Classic in my collection and one to play. Nintendo absolutely nailed it with that list, nostalgia galore.

No wireless controls? Meh. I don't sit that close to my TV anymore. I'd consider buying it if I saw one on a shelf (has all the games I liked), but not going out of my way for it

Good luck getting one, with how high NES prices got, scalpers will be waiting in lines for days to grab them.

What a joke not letting people pre-order. Typical nintendo, i'll keep giving Sony 80% of my gaming money.

Good list for sure. Other than ActRaiser (or tossing in other titles from the same franchises), those are pretty much all of the great SNES games.
I have no need for it, but it seems like something the hardcore nostalgia-heads will drool over again.

Scalpers be like

ee9509c8569322f8607c22bb246edb5794500c5a90d3f6c19172ac6909e9cdc6.jpg

Pass, I'll continue to play my Snes9x & watch the carnage unfold :)

It's funny that this list of games is pretty much the ones i have installed on my wii from the home screen

Meh, I will pass. I will continue to play SNES games and other consoles/roms on my modded Original Xbox

I wonder if Secret of Mana can be played with three players... anyone know?

Good luck getting one, with how high NES prices got, scalpers will be waiting in lines for days to grab them.

What a joke not letting people pre-order. Typical nintendo, i'll keep giving Sony 80% of my gaming money.
I bought 3 NES classics with relative ease. All I did was have Twitter notifications up for Wario64 and was alerted almost instantly whenever they got in stock somewhere. Probably could've bought quite a few more but didn't want to take ones I wouldn't use.

Back