Sneakernetting?

Does the graphical client require a UserID .reg file, like the console version does?

Just wondering why you're trying to sneakernet, when you could buy a crossover cable for a couple bucks, or a cheap POS hub for $15 instead of a usb key?

OSUguy98 said:
my work machine is a P4 2.66.... it chewed through alot of WUs before they started cracking down on "non work related usage".....

they haven't blocked the servers or anything for F@H, but I'd rather sneakernet them than worry about net usage....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

You mean to tell me, they give you internet access, but are worried about an extra 512k-3mb every day or so? I didn't realize union pacific was such a bunch of cheap ass bastages.....why not just sever the pipe and everyone can send memos on post-it notes instead?
Or maybe send an email to the Head Mother F'er In Charge (oh wait....that'll wast bandwidth) and explain what f@h is...he's gotta know someone who has/died of cancer......maybe his prostate is starting to pucker and he might be a future victim.....you're looking foro a cure :p

SpoogeMonkey said:
Just wondering why you're trying to sneakernet, when you could buy a crossover cable for a couple bucks, or a cheap POS hub for $15 instead of a usb key?

I had other uses planned for the key. And from what I've heard, crossover cable isn't cheap, but perhaps I listened to bad sources...

drkfce said:
I had other uses planned for the key. And from what I've heard, crossover cable isn't cheap, but perhaps I listened to bad sources...
Crossover cable isn't anything special--it's just a regular Cat5 cable with a few of the wires switched at one end. See this thread.

Mohonri said:
Crossover cable isn't anything special--it's just a regular Cat5 cable with a few of the wires switched at one end. See this thread.

And a A&F shirt is just a T-shirt with a logo on it. ;)

SpoogeMonkey said:
You mean to tell me, they give you internet access, but are worried about an extra 512k-3mb every day or so? I didn't realize union pacific was such a bunch of cheap ass bastages.....why not just sever the pipe and everyone can send memos on post-it notes instead?
Or maybe send an email to the Head Mother F'er In Charge (oh wait....that'll wast bandwidth) and explain what f@h is...he's gotta know someone who has/died of cancer......maybe his prostate is starting to pucker and he might be a future victim.....you're looking foro a cure :p

Union Pacific?

I work for the State of WV... fun fun fun.... and they are cheap bastages (UP is too, just look up what they're doing with model railroading and how they're just now starting to charge companies to use their logos)....

In all honesty, my boss's wife is going through chemo as we speak.... he doesn't make the policy(ies).... I think it's just the state trying to save money... any possible way they can.......

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Back