• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SNB release?

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
There are so many answers out there that there is no way to know what is accurate.

I heard two days early which would have been yesterday then I hear on the start of CES which is thursday.

Anyone here know for sure what day I can log on to newegg or whatever and order a 2600K and Asus Maximus IV?

Thanks!
 
No one knows, or at least those who know for sure aren't talking. Microcenter employees have been telling people the 9th, and most other signs point that way as well.
 
I was just at Fry's here in SoCal and they have i7 2600K's in but they aren't allowed to sell them yet. The guy said he didn't have any date, it just told him not yet. The 2600Ks were $319.99 at Fry's.
 
I was just at Fry's here in SoCal and they have i7 2600K's in but they aren't allowed to sell them yet. The guy said he didn't have any date, it just told him not yet. The 2600Ks were $319.99 at Fry's.

Was that on 15 near Mission Valley? By Qualcomm? I used to live in San Diego and now live in Atlanta.

If that frys has them then I bet our frys have them as well. I am going to talk to my "guy" who works there and get the insider tip and be there when they are put on the shelf. I have seen enough reviews to justify replacing my throughput weak Phe II 965BE.

I just want to get an Asus Maximus IV to go with it. But that is an entirely different mystery as to who will have them.
 
Good to know Thanks. I want to get one from microcenter or frys in OC so this spotting and price increases my hopes of snagging one on Sat
 
I think it's january 9th, which is when all the news articles say that the big laptop makers will begin selling laptops with sandies in them.
 
Was that on 15 near Mission Valley? By Qualcomm? I used to live in San Diego and now live in Atlanta.

If that frys has them then I bet our frys have them as well. I am going to talk to my "guy" who works there and get the insider tip and be there when they are put on the shelf. I have seen enough reviews to justify replacing my throughput weak Phe II 965BE.

I just want to get an Asus Maximus IV to go with it. But that is an entirely different mystery as to who will have them.

No, this one was in Fountain Valley. The guy was looking at the stock listing for all Fry's (I'm not sure if it was all CA Fry's or all everywhere) and every one of them got 5 units of the 2600K. I don't know if your insider can help you at all with the date. The guy wasn't trying to be coy, it was only telling him in the system that he couldn't sell them yet, and said nothing about when.
 
I think it's january 9th, which is when all the news articles say that the big laptop makers will begin selling laptops with sandies in them.

why on earth would they release a new product on a sunday?

I have seen Jan 9th a lot as a release date and it just boggles the mind.I can see a mid week launch but a Sunday launch confuses me.
 
I was hoping it would be tuesday so I could get it by sunday, but whatever.. I suppose for the online stores it doesn't matter what day it is. More people around to order sunday at midnight I suppose maybe intel thinks more people will order if they are drunk? haha.
 
why on earth would they release a new product on a sunday?

I have seen Jan 9th a lot as a release date and it just boggles the mind.I can see a mid week launch but a Sunday launch confuses me.

It's the last day of CES, so I'd guess that's why they picked it. Sunday release does seem unusual though.
 
I just got total insider info that is 97.9995% (LOL!!) dependable no joke.

My microcenter contact just confirmed Sunday 9th of Jan as release date. I am going to be there for sure!
 
Any idea if MC will have Gigabyte UD4? They don't list it on that add or on their site.
 
Back
Top