• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Snapped off SATA connector!

Unknown-One

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
8,909
I unplugged the SATA cable from one of my drives and it took the plastic tab with it. The copper contacts are still sticking out from the drive, it’s just that the little plastic tab they were attached to is now stuck inside the connector on the SATA cable

If I can get the plastic tab out of the SATA cable and I can get it glued back onto the drive, is there any hope of the drive still working?

On a related note, WHY THE HELL do SATA cables depend on a tiny plastic tab for support? I would have designed the connectors with a sheath on the hard disk that goes around the connector on the cable to keep it snug.
 
If it is a WD drive you might consider getting a secureconnect SATA cable.
 
Back
Top