Snapchat Partners with Amazon

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Snapchat just announced a new feature that lets users search for products on Amazon. Point a camera at the object you desire, touch it on the screen, and Snapchat will attempt to open the corresponding Amazon page for the product via the Amazon app. The scanner works with barcodes too, and Snapchat says the feature is "beginning this week." While the visual product search is remarkable, Snapchat isn't the first social media company to try and integrate their app with shopping services, and they probably won't be the last.

Nevermind it's fixed.

They just say that you just hold on the screen. Is it going to replace Shazam? That's how you use Shazam.

Also, is it going to constantly be sending everything to Amazon anyway?
I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I bet that you'll be snappin' away and a vase in the background will be recognized, then you'll start seeing ads for Vases, without ever using the built in search.

They finally caught up to Penny on Big Bang Theory and her idea to have Sheldon create an app to find "cute shoes" others are wearing by simply taking a picture and finding stores selling those or similar looking products. Geesh! The idea's, what, seven years old at this point?! LOL

The real question here: who the hell uses snap chat?!

Get the fuck off my lawn.
I share the sentiment. When I tried to use it I was immediately turned off by the camera being active and looking back at me.

Back