• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Snap Crakle Pop

Olaf

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
229
I'm getting snap crakle pop noises from my computers audio. It gets worse when playing games like WoW. I've installed the latest drivers and that did not help. I have tried lowering the PCI latency timer to 16 and then 10 and it did not help. Is there any thing else to try? I have an Audigy 2 Platinum sound card pluged into an Abit IS7 motherboard.
 
mine does the same, but i assume that is due to the fact I use onboard audio. I would not expect it from a audio card, something is wrong. Sorry I can't help.
 
Where are you plugging you headphones into? The back of the board or a headphone jack on the front of the case? Only reason I ask is that my old dell was that way. If I plugged my headphones into the headphone jack on the front of the case i picked up a ton of noise but way perfectly fine plugging directly into the card.
 
The sound is heard through speakers and or the headphone jack on the front panel.
 
freakycody said:
mine does the same.
Ditto. My Soundstorm has a little crackling, so I put in my Audigy for my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Soundstorm's good for surround, but I dunno why it was crackling. I know it isn't the wires 'cause I'm using the same speakers.

My guess is maybe the IO ports aren't top quality? Or maybe there's a problem with purity of materials.
 
change pci slots, check all your AC 120V power cables and surge supressors (for bad grounds) might even want to try different outlets in different parts of the home to see if that affects the grounds...

def reinstall the drivers from scratch that might help too
 
Back
Top