Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Like the title says, i recently picked upa sony dsc-v1 digi-cam at work for 170 bux, only thing it is missing is the a/v cable...good deal? good camera? any tips or whatnot to help me out would be appreciated.
I may have used one of these cameras before. It gives you a lot of control over settings, but for me the menus were a pain to navigate and it was a challenge to prevent the flash from going into "Red-Eye" mode. The wheel on the back was fun after I figured it out too.
Overall this is a pretty neat camera & I enjoyed using one. A little bit slow for me for sports pictures with the on-camera flash (under-the-basket kind of sports), though they came out acceptable after I manually set the apeture, ISO, and shutter speeds I wanted (and got it out of red-eye reduction mode - I remember it being very persistant about enabling this). Getting it at $170 seems to be a good deal. Cheers.