SN95G5 Monster

noen

n00b
This is actually my Studio modeling machine. I have another picture of the whole setup I will post when I get home today.

Basically I bought the Shuttle because it was Black, and more importantly it fits under my desk cabinet with only about 1/4" top clearance, so the whole setup looks seamless.

Specs: Athlon64 3500+, 2 gigs PC3200, 2 x 74gb Raptor 10K SATA drives in RAID-0, eVGA 6800gt 256mb.

Pair that to the matching black and silver Dell 2001fp, some el cheapo Harman Kardon speakers and my Logitech MX Duo, and I have a setup that will do anything I need and I can move it all out of the way for deskspace at a moment's notice.

computer1.jpg

computer2.jpg

you know, if you do studio modeling and 3D rendering and such, Intel is really a lot better than AMD in that department

shoes said:
you know, if you do studio modeling and 3D rendering and such, Intel is really a lot better than AMD in that department

keep comments like this to yourself, this is no place to start a flame war

no intention to start a flame war. i have been involved with graphics editing and 3D image and video rendering for quite some time and in my experience, Intel processors work a lot better than AMD processors. I was just pointing this out to him because he might not have known and he is in the industry so he would probably want the best performance although i am sure he has reasons for his amd or he prefers the performance

Wow, that Shuttle is way too pretty to be on the floor! I bought the same Case for my BF2 Box, and I couldn't be happier!

ps: AMD 64 roxorz Intel! :p

noen, did you overclock your AMD 3500? What are your case/cpu temps with two raptor 74gb drives? I want to get a raptor but i heard it's pretty hot and i'm already running my 3500 at 2.5ghz in my SN95G5.

no intention to start a flame war. i have been involved with graphics editing and 3D image and video rendering for quite some time and in my experience, Intel processors work a lot better than AMD processors. I was just pointing this out to him because he might not have known and he is in the industry so he would probably want the best performance although i am sure he has reasons for his amd or he prefers the performance

This is completely false. VIDEO rendering and 3D rendering are two different worlds.

Video rendering Intel is definitely better at. No one doubts that, but it's not by any large amount and it's due to the fact that most video rendering applications are heavily intel optimized. In due time 64bit optimized video codecs will be out and erase the gap.

3D on the other hand is absolutely AMD dominated.

I have been in the industry both in production as well as building and maintaining the hardware, thanks for the comment though.

noen, did you overclock your AMD 3500? What are your case/cpu temps with two raptor 74gb drives? I want to get a raptor but i heard it's pretty hot and i'm already running my 3500 at 2.5ghz in my SN95G5.

Actually I did. It's running at 2.4ghz now, at 212mhz fsb (or thereabouts). I have the fan set on medium full time, and my case temps run about 38C, cpu temps in the 41-45C range with normal use.

I've been really happy with it, no problems to speak of once i turned the fan on medium in the bios.

RDR RadoN said:
Wow, that Shuttle is way too pretty to be on the floor! I bought the same Case for my BF2 Box, and I couldn't be happier!

ps: AMD 64 roxorz Intel! :p

OT: What makes it a BF2 box? And, if bf2 has been delayed until 06 than that won't do you much good.

On topic: Nice case and specs, its a shame that it is on the floor though.

what car is on your wall paper? i want to know!
btw nice setup... w/ the exception of the safe on top of the shuttle and it being on the ground. show it off some :)

The car in the wallpaper is the Chrysler ME412 concept. 1000hp, 250ish mph top speed.

And its not under a safe, it actually sits under my studio desk drawer :) The lock is there to keep people from ganking all my materials ;) It looks great, no one ever realizes that is my actual PC. I will have to take some more photos of the rendering cluster setup under my desk too.

R!P13y said:
Yeah no kidding and is that your wife... she does not look happy.. ;)

If you notice in the picture she appears to be using an eMachines laptop...

And man, if my spouse made me use an eMachines laptop, I wouldn't be happy either :p

Actually that's one of my classmates,

and she was pissed at the time because the hinge cracked (recall on all those laptops).

But now 9 months later, she fuckin loves the thing (I recommended it to her actually ;))

I just got one and I'm really happy with it. I have it up on my desk on the opposite side of my monitor than my sony reciever and it looks badass. I wouldn't put it on the floor, though. :(

Back