Sn95g5 - initial power up question

DthInd

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 20, 2000
Messages
2,984
I just finished the hardware build portion of my first sff. It took a little longer than most people, but I wanted to make sure I didnt rush it.
I installed all the hardware, amd 64-3500 (939), two 512 ddr, 6600gt graphics, ice unit and assorted cables. No big deal.

I wanted to test to make sure all the fans work so I powered the unit up. There is no keyboard, monitor, mouse or anything else hooked up to the machine, and the harddrive is factory fresh.

I power the system up and all the fans work, then a few seconds go by and the machine shuts off.

Is this normal. I am worried that I didnt seat the ice unit / heat pipe properly, but it seems like it is on tight.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks
 
PScherer79 said:
You need to plug in your KEYBOARD, MOUSE, and MONITOR to get a proper boot


Thanks, I hoped that was it, but a little panic fell over me that I fried a brand new cpu. Which would be bad.
 
If you want to test a computer out you should definitely hook up a monitor and keyboard first. Sure, you can see if the fans power on, but you really should go into BIOS first thing and make sure your temps are OK.
 
Back
Top