sn95g5 + amd 64 3000+ temps?

hey, what's a good temp for this CPU to run at?

also, i've got an sn95g5 with amd 64 3000+ and i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could monitor my system temps in windows

last time i just restarted real quick after playing a game and checked it in the bios and it said 27c

thanks

There is a program, called rhtdrbl, or something like that, which will allow you to test your true load/idle temps for the proc. From what I understand, its test routines are WAY more intensive and accurate than exiting quickly from a game.

I would search the forums (prob. in cooling) to find the program's exact name, and then google it to download.

Good Luck.

The SN95G's and batches Athlon 64's have a fluke when attempting to read the the tempature of the CPU, as such, the Smartfan does not work correctly and the temps are incorrect. Currently, their is no fix for this from Shuttle. Read this thread for more information.

MBM does not support Shuttle motherboards as they have since discontinued making new versions of it.

SN95G temp fluke

nickname123 said:
i tried that but it didnt have support for my mobo

Just because your mobo doesn't have built in settings, doesn't mean it won't work. After some fiddeling, it works great on my 95G5

ItsTooHot said:
Just because your mobo doesn't have built in settings, doesn't mean it won't work. After some fiddeling, it works great on my 95G5
well what did yo uchange? i could possibly make similar changes

do you know what i should set my smartfan threshold at since hte temps are reported wrong?

Back