Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
from cold to 70C in less then 10 seconds? Not likely. And I've built plenty of PCs
It runs fine so far (Si3112R driverscausing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but that's old news) so I'm leaning towards something mis-reporting in the bios.
This is correct. Do you happen to have a NewCastle core? While the misread CPU temps affected both Clawhammer and NewCastle, it was really bad with the NewCastle core. I'm betting you have the 026 BIOS and need to update to the 034 BIOS. This will report the CPU temps correctly.