• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SN45G not booting with new cpu

thevelourfog

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
1,132
I have an SN45G with a 1700+ in it and had some spare parts to throw in it. So I installed a 2500+ and when booting up just got a black screen. After resetting cmos, it still wouldn't work. As a result, I reinstalled the 1700+ and it booted up fine.

I know this 2500+ works because it came out of my spare computer which was working fine beore I took it apart (a week ago). I'm thinking about flashing the bios on the shuttle, but I know they're pretty finicky about that sort of thing and the shuttle site is currently down.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
 
hmm shld be ok ., wen u do it , i know 2500+ dus work in it . seems very strnage, only diff is the fsb rigt ?

coz 2500+ was an in between crap version so it mite be incomapitble ?
 
The sn45g uses the Nforce 2 ultra 400 chipset, the last and best nforce 2 chipset. The only issue i can see compatibility wise is it is a mobile 2500+ on a version 1 board. Version 2 and up support mobiles without a bios flash. Other that that............try reseating your ram?
 
Back
Top