• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

sn45g finaly bit the bullet

bleed3r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
391
The 3.3vdimm was sweet while it lasted. Seems like some wacky corruption happend from saving to cmos a bunch of times, because one day when I was playing with multi's etc. after the 2nd boot screen it crashed and no cmos clearing or 24hour battery out or anything works.

Any ideas for me to try before I move to get that dfi nf2 infinity?
I tried hot flashing the chip but I only have this SiS chipset board and its not liking it (cant get a proggy under dos or windows that will like it/allow me to flash it)
I only know 1 guy with an NF2 mobo, but I don't think he'd like me flinging his bios chip out and cracking his bios socket etc from my shitty tools :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, btw, just to be clear: only fans spin etc on pwr on. No screen action :eek:
The famous dying of the FN45v2 :p (but I had numerous needs to cmos clear before, and used 3.3vdimm for a good few weeks pumping my ram so its not a vdimm dying problem)
Also, I tested the cpu ram they work fine. And in trying to fix the problem, I pulled off the wire that was connecting the 3.3vrail to the dimm.
 
I cant really help you BUTttttt... send your dead shuttle my way lol.


A moment of silence as another shuttle bites the dust :(


E
 
I always thought the one thing that you were to never change in the SN45G's bios was the Voltage on the RAM.

I thought it was guaranteed to kill your board? :confused:
Sorry about your luck.

I still love my lil' SN45G.

w/ 2500+Mobil @ 2.2GHz and 1.5Volts.
 
rip sn45g

i love mine too

p4 2.0 can run at 2.5 with no voltage adjustments
 
foofighter06 said:
I always thought the one thing that you were to never change in the SN45G's bios was the Voltage on the RAM.

I thought it was guaranteed to kill your board? :confused:
Sorry about your luck.

I still love my lil' SN45G.

w/ 2500+Mobil @ 2.2GHz and 1.5Volts.

Yeah, dont change it in the bios. My vdimm was connected to the 3.3vrail ;)

A pioneer for the fn45v2 users :D but its dead now.

Still trying to give some life into it though thru hot flashing the chip...
I dont know if I can do it with this mobo I have. It seems that the bios chip it uses is 5v and the one from my sn45 is 3.3v so that may be why it aint flashing.
I forced it using uniflash, but as this bar was moving up it would give me some error :confused:
 
Here's another suggestion:

Try putting in an old slower stick of RAM.
For some reason, after a BIOS flash, I had sort of the same problem. It would not boot up with my pc3200 ram... I put in a pc 2100 stick and it booted. I changed the settings and put the faster ram back in and was good.

Might work, might not, but at least it's worth a try.
 
sure I'll give it a shot

Right now I'm leaving the cmos battery out and the jumper to clear for a few days.

I read someone tried clearing cmos for 1 day but to no avail, but then tried battery out and jumper for 3 days and it was fine. So I'm doin that for now :)

Anyways, the bios has gotta be screwed anyways with that failed hot flash so I'd have to hot flash it properly even if the cmos 3 day trick worked.

But seriously, I will be looking to sell the case etc :D
BC to Texas seems complicated though. I'd consider it though.

I'll see what happens with my buying of my new case/mobo
Too bad I dont have a damn board to hotflash that chip with though. Probly dead anyways. But I guess I'll just be keeping it and maby it'll flash with my new mobo and then I can sell the fn45 board if it works. Who wouldnt pay good for a flexatx with 3.3vdimm :)
 
May I ask how you tied your 3.3v line to your #@$% vDimm?



E

*Stares at his unused BH-5 capable of 250MHz at 3.1v, looks at shuttle only running 2.1GHz on a mobile 2400+. drools

EDIT: And I'd buy your case off ya, PM me
 
thought I'd say that I got my bios chip from badflash.com and my sn45g is alive
- it was good old nf2 corruption
- hot flashed the corrupted chip back in 20 secs :rolleyes:

now I have a spare chip so when I'm pulling off some crazy mods and pushing it I can have a quick fix to corruption
 
IceWind said:
He's dead jim.....

Another reason overclocking in shuttles is just plain stupid.

what?

my last post just said how it wasnt dead
my problem was bios corruption which occurs on all nforce2 systems from such overclocking

no reason why not to overclock a shuttle.


but actualy, I killed the board earlier today solely due to error on my part by shorting the pin between my VR and ground controlling VDD, killing the chipset instantly I'm sure. I just hope my ram, cpu etc are fine.
 
Back
Top