• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

sn41g2 V2 or not?

mutthead21

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
83
Hm. Well I always assumed I had a V2 version but more and more it looks not, help me out here. On the mobo beside the agp slot it says "SN41 V2.0" but, I've got a 200W power supply (I thought the V2's shipped with a 250W) and no Vmod controls in the bios - which I have recently flashed to 031. Also a non-V2 Bios.
Can anyone help me out here? I'd like to try the V2/V3 bios but don't want to cook the board, I've read some nightmare stories about these boards being unflashable once they're dead.

thx.
 
if mobo says its V2 then it is. the later V3 versions started shipping with 250W psu's
 
Yaka said:
if mobo says its V2 then it is. the later V3 versions started shipping with 250W psu's

Wrong, my V2 came with the 250watt PSU. The V3 come with a better audio hookups, SATA and improved northbridge cooling system, a newer and smaller front panel hookup cable system and a redesigned label up front. I'd very very careful about flashing the BIOS for the different versions, you may end up with a dead Shuttle.
 
hmmm mines a V2, but came with 200W psu specs might be different in europe
 
rog guys and thx. I figure I've got the old SN41G2V1 version and I guess I'm stuck with it for now until the "next" HTPC rolls into town.

Scott you ever think about sticking a mobile XP in your shuttle and setting the fan to "ultra-low"?
 
mutthead21 said:
rog guys and thx. I figure I've got the old SN41G2V1 version and I guess I'm stuck with it for now until the "next" HTPC rolls into town.

Scott you ever think about sticking a mobile XP in your shuttle and setting the fan to "ultra-low"?

that is exactly what i am doing.. i have a 2200 35w.. and right now it is at 1.47v.. my cpu is usually about 43c.. but... my sunon at 1800rpm was too loud for me.. so i got a panaflo and it is no quieter.. oh well.. i am going the route of sound deadening my case next..
 
SN43G2 V3

That will be better solution.




MD
 
Back
Top