Ive had this venerable system running an XP2500 overclocked (via a 2/400Mhz FSB and 11x Multiplier) for a couple of years now and its been rock solid for 99% of the time (never had a hardware issue, just occasional WinDohs probs).
But my Shuttle has now started randomly rebooting, and once it starts doing this the more frequently it will do it until it will reboot without even letting me logging (security conscious I am!).
If I switch her off and leave her overnight shell be fine for a good few hours use, but then the random shutdowns/restarts (always) begin again.
Ive down clocked my CPU (via the multiplier) to 2.0Ghz and this has helped a bit, but I will always sooner or later get a random reboot, just not as soon.
When my machine reboots, if it makes it to the desktop, (which gets less and less likely with each reboot unless I down clock the CPU even more) I get a message from Windows saying my machine has just recovered form a serious error.
If I choose to report then track this, MS tells me my PC encountered a Stop error (hence rebooting) and that this was due to a device driver, although the first time this happened Ms told me the crash/restart was due to a hardware failure (e.g. Memory Cpu etc).
Im guessing my CPUs overheating, although my Processor doesnt seem to get much above 50c, which doesnt seem to hot too me.
But my Shuttle has now started randomly rebooting, and once it starts doing this the more frequently it will do it until it will reboot without even letting me logging (security conscious I am!).
If I switch her off and leave her overnight shell be fine for a good few hours use, but then the random shutdowns/restarts (always) begin again.
Ive down clocked my CPU (via the multiplier) to 2.0Ghz and this has helped a bit, but I will always sooner or later get a random reboot, just not as soon.
When my machine reboots, if it makes it to the desktop, (which gets less and less likely with each reboot unless I down clock the CPU even more) I get a message from Windows saying my machine has just recovered form a serious error.
If I choose to report then track this, MS tells me my PC encountered a Stop error (hence rebooting) and that this was due to a device driver, although the first time this happened Ms told me the crash/restart was due to a hardware failure (e.g. Memory Cpu etc).
Im guessing my CPUs overheating, although my Processor doesnt seem to get much above 50c, which doesnt seem to hot too me.