SN25P Question

Aldoria

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
182
I am ready to order my new computer but while doing so, a question popped in my head so hopefully someone with this experience can shed some light here :p

Since I know that the SN25P Dual Core bios came out I believe sometime in mid-May. But, I was thinking, what if the SN25P I get doesn't come with the latest bios and since I'll be building a new computer with a dual core, will I be able to flash my bios to the new one with the dual core installed..?

I guess what I want to make sure is that I can update my bios to support the new Dual Cores while not having to go purchase a single core just to update the bios.

Thanks,
Ald
 
Just ran into this on another system at work. The X2's seem to run fine as a single core chip when they lack the proper bios.
 
go to another already running computer and download the proper bios and program to flash the bios with a floppy disk.
 
MadWombat said:
go to another already running computer and download the proper bios and program to flash the bios with a floppy disk.

You missed his point. Without a functioning cpu, the flash program isn't going to work, regardless of where you got it from. The poster before noted that they work as single core procs wherever they have to, though, so is a non-issue.
 
the sn25 shld still post, u just wont be able to use dual core features. thus it will function as a single core until bios is updated

tq
 
Back
Top