SN25P overclocker?

Wuuzy

n00b
Is the SN25P a good overclocker in terms of bios options and voltage?

Thanks

I actually just began to mess with overclocking my 4000+ in my SN25P. I found that it offers all of what any regular mobo has. Options for overclocking are:

CPU Multiplier
CPU Voltage
DRAM Voltage
Chipset Voltage
HTT Bus Speed and Width
RAM Timings
FSB Speed
etc.

The only thing I haven't seen is a PCI-E lock, but I may be overlooking it. You'll have to play around with it to find your best overclock. I found some barriers; mine for instance, does not like to go above 250fsb even with the HTT at 2x and voltages turned up. Besides that, however, I have my 4000+ running at 12x220 = 2.64ghz w/ HTT at 3x ..with just a small CPU voltage bump (1.55)...running at 48C on load. I had it running at 11x238 = 2.61 but couldn't get it to post over 240fsb.

I'll mess around a little more with it when I get off work so I can see if I can figure out the barriers I'm running into.

I think with the new Y Bios the max HTT speed is 300

edit: for an SFF this is probably your best bet for OC'ing because of the nf4-ultra chipset

I think I've seen an SN25P that was watercooled too....I may be mistaken tho.

asianguy80 said:
I think with the new Y Bios the max HTT speed is 300

edit: for an SFF this is probably your best bet for OC'ing because of the nf4-ultra chipset
Not true. I pushed mine all the way up to 333 with ClockGen. Haven't played with it in the BIOS yet. I've found the chip I have isn't that great an overclocker it seems. I did find that when you hit a wall, add a little voltage to the CPU and the chipset. Makes a world of difference.

theacoustician said:
Not true. I pushed mine all the way up to 333 with ClockGen. Haven't played with it in the BIOS yet. I've found the chip I have isn't that great an overclocker it seems. I did find that when you hit a wall, add a little voltage to the CPU and the chipset. Makes a world of difference.
Theacoustician, what you wrote is in no way a contradiction with what Mluke245 wrote. You speak of maximum reacheable HTT while Mluke245 talks of maximum HTT that can be set in Bios.

Overall, yes, the SN25P is a good bet for overclocking. Tom's did a fairly in depth review of this thing where they exlpored the overcloking potential if you're looking for specifics benches and numbers and whatnot.

with the 2.0Ghz AMD 3800+ X2 I have reached 2.50Ghz...

Pretty happy with my SN25P system.

HTH

its weird how you can only go 300 max fsb/htt in bios

but in clockgen you are able to hit around 300+
i followed eclipses guide to finding max HTT on a system by leaving prime on and slowly raising clockgen....

It said when your computer crashes or an error occurs, your max fsb is 5-10 under that

MY sn25p crashed around 355.. weird so max fsb = 345 -350 while the bios only lets you go to 300?

I guess they need a new bios version

Back