SN25P issue

GaleForce

Gawd
I've been having a weird issue today ever since building my SN25P yesterday. This has only happened twice so I really can't pinpoint the source (all I'm doing is chatting on AIM, listening to music, surfing the web, atm anyway) but for some reason my taskbar keeps freezing up. I'm able to do anything with any window open and open things from my desktop and stuff, but the taskbar won't respond to any clicking for some reason. Anyone have a similar issue or know how to fix this? Thanks.

I've got a SN25P and been following forums discussing the SN25P, but I haven't heard of this problem before. The only thing I can think of to tell you is to try resetting the CMOS. If you haven't updated to the "O" or "Y" bios, also do that and then remember to reset CMOS after and load optimized defaults.

doesnt sound hardware related to me, are you in windows xp?

sp 0, 1, or 2?

control + alt + delete

how many process running?

todlerix said:
doesnt sound hardware related to me, are you in windows xp?

sp 0, 1, or 2?

control + alt + delete

how many process running?

Windows XP, SP1. 45 processes.

I also updated to the "fn25s01y" bios.

GaleForce said:
Windows XP, SP1. 45 processes.

I also updated to the "fn25s01y" bios.

YIKES, 45? 22-28 tops.. u prob got virii (viruses) or spyware/adware/malware

i highly suggest sp2 >><<

www.download.com
search - adaware
download -adaware

at end of install choose; update/perform full system scan - remove the stuff it finds, (IF YOU ARE A WILD TANGENT FAN/PLAYER DO NOT REMOVE WILD TANGENT STUFF)

after thats done

www.download.com
search -spybot
download - spybot

install, run download all updates with the first time configurer. remove the stuff it finds, (IF YOU ARE A WILD TANGENT FAN/PLAYER DO NOT REMOVE WILD TANGENT STUFF)

microsoft anti spyware is pretty nice also www.microsoft.com

I run adaware and giant antispyware regularly, as well as AVG antivirus, so I doubt its either. BTW Microsoft Antispyware is the same thing as Giant, they purchased the company and the technology.

aim.exe
Apache.exe
Apache.exe
Ares.exe
avgamsvr.exe
avgcc.exe
avgupsvc.exe
csrss.exe
EnMixCPL.exe
explorer.exe
firefox.exe
gcatDtServ.exe
gcasServ.exe
iPodService.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
lsass.exe
nSvcAppFlt.exe
nSvcIp.exe
nSvcLog.exe
nvsvc32.exe
qttask.exe
realsched.exe
services.exe
slee81.exe
smss.exe
SOUNDMAN.EXE
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe (system)
svchost.exe (system)
svchost.exe (network services)
svchost.exe (local service)
svchost.exe (system)
System
System Idle Process
taskmgr.exe
UAService7.exe
wdfmgr.exe
winamp.exe
winlogon.exe
wuauclt.exe
WZCSLDR.exe
WZCSLDR2.exe

Also, the taskbar froze again recenetly, I can fix it by ending and restarting explorer.exe but its only a temporary work around.

GaleForce said:
aim.exe
Apache.exe
Apache.exe
Ares.exe
avgamsvr.exe
avgcc.exe
avgupsvc.exe
csrss.exe
EnMixCPL.exe
explorer.exe
firefox.exe
gcatDtServ.exe
gcasServ.exe
iPodService.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
lsass.exe
nSvcAppFlt.exe
nSvcIp.exe
nSvcLog.exe
nvsvc32.exe
qttask.exe
realsched.exe
services.exe
slee81.exe
smss.exe
SOUNDMAN.EXE
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe (system)
svchost.exe (system)
svchost.exe (network services)
svchost.exe (local service)
svchost.exe (system)
System
System Idle Process
taskmgr.exe
UAService7.exe
wdfmgr.exe
winamp.exe
winlogon.exe
wuauclt.exe
WZCSLDR.exe
WZCSLDR2.exe

Also, the taskbar froze again recenetly, I can fix it by ending and restarting explorer.exe but its only a temporary work around.
You're infected with the Gaobot.ee Worm (ares.exe), WIN32.RBOT (gcasServ.exe). You need to clean, STAT.

Also, why the hell are you running 2 instances of Apache and D-Link Wireless Adapter (wzcsldr + wzcsldr2.exe)?

Thats weird, I ran a virus scan today and 2 different spyware scans and they didn't come up with either. And btw, ares.exe is a program like LimeWire, so I'm not so sure if its a virus or if its infected or what. As for the Apache, I really don't know, and with the D-Link thing I used to be connected to our wireless but I'm plugged in now so I guess I don't really need those anymore. How do I remove apache? Also, since my antivirus isn't picking up any viruses, is there a way to manually remove them or any utilities that will take care of them?

Back