SN25P + BFG 7800 GT OC + 3800x2 =...

CooLSpoT

Limp Gawd
Random restarting...

After trying for 3 hours to get windows to install. I am in but its restarting on me at will
Had lots of blue screens right after I install XP pro, on the 6th try I got in fine...

Any clues on where to look?

First -
RAM - Test one module at a time with mem86...

You should notice that it stabilizes immediatly once you find the bad module.

Pretty common these days. Add it to your "quick fix" box... test the ram when in doubt.

With the SN25P, and the OCZ ram I had to bump Ram Volts to 2.8 to get stability at stock speeds... don't know if that will help you out, but it's a good backup plan!

Second -
Get ahold of the SN25P User's Guide - It's posted in this forum, and on the main page at sfftech.com. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION, don't argue.. Just do it. I have installed my SN25P more times than I would like to admit (my fault usually) and it's more stable when I follow it's advice.

Keep Smiling!

HTH

Please report back on your results... I'm going to be getting almost the same setup - I'm looking at the eVGA 7800GT CO instead of the BFG product. Good luck!

Just go with the OCZ Platinum Rev2 ram... Good stuff, and good prices right now...

HTH

Pierre said:
Just go with the OCZ Platinum Rev2 ram... Good stuff, and good prices right now...

HTH

Need 2gb and they dont sell those in 1gb sticks

CooLSpoT said:
Need 2gb and they dont sell those in 1gb sticks
I have the 1GB rev1 sticks. Work just fine for me. Didn't even have to bump the voltage to make em stable.

so I have 313 Errors now on mem86, Been running for 12 hours. Does this thing ever finish?

It will finish.

Yeah the SN25P will not be a happy camper with bad ram. I found that without good ram, it was not a very good solution.

I like my patriot 2GB. It has been very good to me.

I'd say just stop running memtest as soon as you had 10 errors. Any errors is unacceptable. If you get errors in memtest windows is bound to be unstable. With shuttle's you're going to need decent ram. i've seen people running corsair value select fine. I dont know exactly what kind of mushkin ram you've got but if it ran fine before maybe it's time for an RMA or something.

yeah RMAed it, no clue what I am going to do with it now ....

ordered that OZC 3200 2-3-2-5 stuff

should be good to me

This ram was working fine in my other shuttle. odd Thanks for all your help guys.

Anyone wanna buy some Ram? :D

Back