• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SN25P and 8800GTS

MD

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
4,802
Well if anyone want's to know does it fit it does.

Just got ASUS 8800GTS and now it's in SN25P.
Duct must go away and it's a tight squize but it fits without any cuting/moding.

PSU seams to be able to feed 4200+ X2 , 2 GB RAM , 3 SATA II HDD's DVD RW and 8800GTS.


BTW card rocks.



MD
 
awesome :D been wanting to do this, and yes please show pics if you can... and temps :)
 
Sorry havent checked forum in few days :(

Temps are high though. Well with stock Sutlle cooling they are. Removing duct doesn't affect CPU temps.

HDD's are geting extremly hot (top position once).
Grafic card gets hot to. Starting PC it idels few degree's warmer then in full tower case. But once affter 3D usage it will Idle on 70+ C :(
In normal case it will be cooler on idle for 15+ C.

It seams internal side exhaust on grafic card cooler with a lack of space makes hot air recycle to a grafic cards fan and it doesn't help at all. Amount of hot air escaped there rises to uper area of a case and heats up HDD's.

I'm thinking of changing top 50 milimeter fans and powering them over a fanmate to get enough airflow and regulate noise manualy.

Second thing I think is neccecary would be making a duct that separates intake of a grafic card fan and intake han of ICE from rest of a case to ensure that those get allways just a cold air.

Third thing I was thinking about is taping off those side exhausts to make cooler exhaust all hot air just out side of case, That might be also wrong thing to doo because it adds unwanted backpreasure and fan is allready working to slow. Though with maybe powering that fan with another regulated source would be good combination with closing off those vents.

Main issue is that grafic card cooler used on 8800GTS never spins up hard enough to cool acumulated heat. On other hand it doesn't sound bad at all. It's actualy quiet as any aftermarket Zalman or Arctic cooling fan.

Well IMO main issue with all Shuttle cases is apsence of intake fans. They cool with under preasure and that ain't enough to cool such a system.

PSU get's hot to. Though it is not from overloading it as it sucks same hot air made by grafic card and all other components (except CPU). With cover off and full load it is much cooler, well it has enough cold air to cool it selft proper.

I'm also thinking about adding more intake holes or intake fan though doo not want to cut in my SN25P jet.

On full grafical load with open case grafic card gets to 81C.

Though in normal gaming with closed case it reaches 78 to 80 C.

It's still way to hot. HDD's ain't geting much cooler wither :(

So tonight I'll be moding I guess.

I'll post results.





MD
 
Thx nice link man.

I must be working great.

Though I have 3 HDD and I woud like to avoid cutting a cover if possible. Atleast before I arange spare cover :)

Choice to suck hot air out works best in that position. It fits overall logic of cooling by underpreasure. Though it just trys to bring more cold air in a case by underpreasure. On other side I belive intake fan (on some other position) would make even more efect (well only with upgraded outlet fan configuration)

Also just taking hot air out of the box wouldn't complitly cancel posibility that grafic card cooler fan recycle hot air considering those exhaust holes are prety close to it's intake.
I belive his setup works good and cools HDD's and everything way better then stock configuration.

I'll think about what I'm going to do. I'm going to search for replacement cover to be able to cut without thinking about resale value.




MD
 
No My 8800GTS doesn't work proper anymore !!!??????

Like today I've came from my work and wanted to show something to somone and 3D preformance is on level of a 7300!!????

Last night everything worked :(




Damn,




MD
 
To me it doesn't seem like the PSU is powerful enough to power a 8800 GTS. Sometimes mine has trouble powering my 6800 GS when I have a flash drive plugged in and I'm gaming. Gives me a not enough power warning.

/shrug
 
i had a SN25P w/ X1900XT512, the stock psu held up and i even had my cpu oc'ed to 2.7ghz. i only had one hdd. did you use the proper power splitter for the molexes?
 
Wel I think it must be something I've done in some life I've lived before :(


In meantime I've tryed almost everything except reinstalling Windows.
I've even dismantled PSU and found week spot in design of Shuttle SilentX 350watt PSU.
12V lines that go to mainboard are soldered to PSB. On other hand all other 12 V lines (for sata, molex, etc.) are connected with connector to a PCB. That connector has to handle all that current?

First thing I've tryed was reinstalling drivers manualy and installing new once and it didn't work. Though I haven't used DriverCleaner :(

Instead I went and took 650 watt PSU. Well great SN25P has no ATX power connector and when I've seen it I've realized I've seen it before but I've forgot about it :(

So I went today and took ASUS A8N32 DeLuxe and TT Big Typ.

Just to say finding a 939 mainboard was almost impossible and getting it involved half day sitting in car in trafic jams and driving for 128 miles. Mot to mention more money I realy shouldn't spend.

But coman it's weekend.

So I end up disapointed in Vista and Direct X 10 and Nvidia and Ubuntu and almost everthing in connection with new PC hardware.
More crying here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030267248#post1030267248


Then I come back to this thread and find out that actualy if I have used DriverCleaner everything would work again? ROTFL


Well tbh ASUS mainboard rocks. I'm keeping it. Even if I make everything work again in Shuttle I want big PSU , big case , big mobo with SLI to.

Well'I might gett some 4000+ Sand Diego and OC hell out of it or even putt it all in Vapochill (Well it stands in it's original box allready few years :( )


Well I love SFF and Shuttle XPC's.

I was amaized how much thermal energy it can handle still in quiet operation. But now days new grafic cards and new CPU's just ask to much. Like 75 watt heat from grafic card even just released in box (Zalman VF900) was handled good by SN25P but 117 watt of 8800GTS is just to much. Well top 120 mili oughta be enough but still do I wan't to cut my Shuttle?
Also I couldn't realy go for GTX because there s no way to power it in Shuttle. Shuttle has no PCI-e connectors what so ever and DVD RW and all other molex connectors share just a single thin wire going to a power supply and there making contact with PCB over a connector.


Hence big systems rock to.

Well till recently I was saying to most of a people SFF is way to go. Well nowdays I think it's not allways a best way.

BTW thx for link with drivercleaner. I'll try it tommorow I guess.





MD
 
Back
Top