• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SN25P 6800gt gpu coolers?

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,959
Well you can't fit the NV5 silencer in the SN25P as it rubs against the drive tray so what other than the stock cooler is slim enough to fit? I can't find anything the zalman looks way too fat.
 
Dremel is your friend ;-)

I belive I saw someone post on SFFtech forums that the Zalman flower fits....

DSC00054.jpg
 
that's a zalman? and he cut out part of the tray? hmmm mods guess I could cut that piece out.
 
thing is my projector won't do better than 1024x768 so really I won't need to oc or get a monster cooler for a 6800gt just something better than stock.
 
You could just get a copper heatsink to replace the aluminum one you have on your GT. It's exactly the same, only copper. You could also use the fan from your nv silencer instead of the original. Or, alternatively, you coudl mod the silencer by reducing its height... Zalman looks way too wide to fit btw...
 
well, the main prob is how the do u reduce the silencers height? i think the dremel is the only solution wtf was shuttle smoking? I don't think an ultra would fit either.
 
The picture is of my X850XT with an Arctic Silencer 5 Rev2

I also have a 6800GT with an Arctic Silencer 5 that I have used in this Shuttle SN25P. The dremel mod to the drive cages was only necesary to accomodate the Arcitc Silencer cooler as it takes up 2 1/2 slots width.

A stock ATI X850XT or BFG 6800 Ultra with stock dual slot coolers will fit in the SN25P with no mods.

Hope this helps
 
Well, you won't have to worry about that for another month or two.
 
Back
Top