• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SMP+GPU2+Vista64=No Go

SatTech

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
3,381
So, I'm finally home and got to put together all my new goodies. I built my q9450 + 280GTX box. I haven't had any luck in the past with the SMP client (will fold a couple of WU, download a new one and then hang - this was on my Phenom box), but I thought I'd try it again. I got the new build up and running with the SMP client, but as soon as I start the GPU client, the whole machine hangs and requires a hard reset. This has happened 3 times. I let the SMP client run a couple of hours before I tried the GPU client. Both of them run fine by themselves. I'm currently running 3 x console clients and 1 GPU client with no problems at all. This is a Vista 64 bit build.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, and my points for today only are over 8000. I was producing something along the lines of 2500 per day before. I need to utilize the Phenom in my media center (currently running 1 console and one GPU w/8800GTS on a opty 170).

Thanks in advance


 
Maybe a insufficient psu or bad memory. Do some more testing with memtest86 then do some loops with 3dmark06+prime95 (blend mode).

 
Yep, you're probably right. I definately need to do some more testing. OTOH...WOOHOO broke the
10k PPD barrier for the first time ever and I've got another 6 hours or so to go...

 
Back
Top