• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SMP and F@H

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
7,300
This is pissing me off. I have a new SMP box, and I have installed F@H twice. However, whenever I boot, I get the anal message 'there is already an instance of F@H running yadda blah blah'. I have each install setup with it's own machine ID. What gives?

Is there some way I can setup each instance to run on a different CPU without using the task manager? At this rate, it would just be easier to go back to a single PIII and ditch the two PII's. :rolleyes:
 
Mine have worked everytime.

You need two folders.
I use "F@H1" & "F@H2".
Put a console client in each folder or
one console and one graphical client.
You cannot use two graphical clients.

Start each one up and config them as machine ID 1 and 2.

Make the shortcuts to start them from.
Try adding the "-local" switch so they look in their own folder for the startup info.
Dont know if you need the "-local" switch anymore but I use it on my duallies still.

Luck......:D
 
Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
I get the anal message 'there is already an instance of F@H running yadda blah blah'.
Stop trying to run two GUI clients and you won't see that message. You can never run more than one GUI, but you can run multiple Console clients.

Edit: Also, if you decide to use the GUI client as one of your multiple clients you need to use the -local flag in the shortcut that starts any Console client.

ChelseaOilman
300000.gif
95000.gif
 
Alright, thanks guys. ;) I somewhat figured this out on my own last night... :p I just have to reboot to get the -advmethods -forcesse and -forceasm flags running. :p I'll try the -local flag as well.

Now it's a debate between putting two complete mobos in one case and running two AMD systems, a PIII 1 ghz, a PIII 550, and a dual PII 400, or putting the PIII 550 in the dual mainboard with a PII 450 (they use the same bus and are both mult locked, so both would run at their rated speed I think).

I'm going to try using one GUI client and one Console client at the same time, but I think I might just stick with the two consoles. :)
 
Back
Top