• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Smoothwall and SMP??? Questions...

gwarren007

Fully [H]
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
25,232
I have a signal loss to the front of our house so I was thinking of a SMP folder/linux based.
I would like to configure a smoothwall computer and I'd like to rum SMP on it. Is this possible?

Schematic:

I-----------------[computer one]
I
I
I---------------- [router ] ------------------------------------I
I I
I [cable in]------------------------[Modem]-------I
I
I
I- - - [80 ft cat 5, bringing to front of house]--------------------[computer two]



Ideally, i would like to put the smoothwal router where the router currently is located, and move the router to the front of the house.
 
I have a signal loss to the front of our house so I was thinking of a SMP folder/linux based.
I would like to configure a smoothwall computer and I'd like to rum SMP on it. Is this possible?

Schematic:

I-----------------[computer one]
I
I
I---------------- [router ] ------------------------------------I
I I
I [cable in]------------------------[Modem]-------I
I
I
I- - - [80 ft cat 5, bringing to front of house]--------------------[computer two]



Ideally, i would like to put the smoothwal router where the router currently is located, and move the router to the front of the house.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think any firewall distro is only running linux 32 bits so no SMP love for them unfortunately. What we really need is a 64 bits firewall OS and I would love to hear if this can be found...

However, you can setup a router firewall server manually with a 64 bits OS and installing the necessary packages.
 
This tidbit seems interesting... Can you try to install then test it (Easy to install the SMP client by running finstall /smp) ?

If yes, this might give me a reason to build a cheap dual-core firewall server to offset my lab borging loss.

 
monowall > smoothwall

anyway i dont think the processor in my cisco 3620 will meet deadlines so im out ;)
 
Back
Top