Smitfraud-C and Win32.rbot problem...Need help getting rid of it.

Z

Ziontrain

Title says it all..

Each time I run Spybot, it keeps coming back. I googled it, and its basically links for you to download software to get rid of it. The programs themselves have spyware.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get rid of this?

Thank you in advance.

Disable system restore, boot windows to safe mode, run SUPERAntispyware fully updated :D

Got both of those fixed, but now its showing another one called

Trojan.Zquest
Trojan.ZQuest Installer

This one is very annoying because it goes to desktop every 30 seconds while gaming.

I did disable system restore, get SUPERAntispyware Pro, ran a full scan in safe mode. Did the restart, and its still showing up...any other ideas?

Ad-Aware?, Reinstall if that doesn't work.
Takes 30m unless you have everything on your os partition :eek:

-Good Luck
TopGun

Superantispyware is pretty much the most potent freebie one out there. Spybot S&D is still fairly decent. You're updating them both, and running full in depth scans, when you scan, right?

Adaware...eh, I've found that as useless as tits on a nun these days. But since it's free, might at well complete a shotgun effect and run it too.

Scan with a top notch antivirus, like Kaspersky, and NOD32. Both of them have free online scanners.

Don't forget to run a TCP/Winsock repair utility. And CCleaner.

The Smitfraud variants are nasty....even after running the special removal tools for them...I've found I still have to go in and clean out some remnants manually...getting forensic with the registry, and looking for oddball files in the %system%.

Google COMBOFIX.EXE

Disable System Restore.
Boot into Safe Mode
Run COMBOFIX.EXE

Then run SuperAntiSpyware or my personal favorite Hitman Pro.

I've cleaned about 5 laptops in the last month this way.

*HitmanPro needs network connectivity

Back