Smash Bros Brawl - WFC connection error

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
I just bought it today and I want to check out the online play, but I cant seem to connect to anyone and after about 30-45 seconds I get error 85020.

Anyone able to get online? Is this a Nintendo problem, or a wi-fi connection problem?

Yeah seems like everyone is getting this type of error. I got a few random games in last night, but they were so laggy almost unplayable.

Hopefully it's fixed soon

Playing with a friend was nearly flawless -- I noticed ever-so-slightly a little lag, but it was still fine. Guess you can't expect it to be the same as someone sitting next to you.

For what its worth, I'm using a wired Ethernet connection with my Wii and the experience has been near flawless. I only experienced some minor lag while playing last night, but I blame that on my cousins less than stellar Internet connection.

Yeah, I haven't been able to play online either. I use the Nintendo WiFi USB Dongle thing. Works fine for all the other Wii internet stuff (News, Weather, Virtual Console, "Everybody Votes" channel, etc.) I can also play online games on my DS. It's just Smash Bros. that always throws out error messages whenever I try to play online. I've heard that their servers are getting hammered. Hopefully it'll be up and running soon...

tested it last night on the internet, not exactly the flawless experience.

It stuttered quite a bit, also figured a few exploits with the fan.

Back