Smart Switch with MAC Filtering?

• Thread starter Deleted member 290925
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 290925

If someone plugs in the a port on switch, it sends an email to me. Also has option for MAC filtering. Are there any smart switch like that? Thank you.

I'm not sure about sending emails, but many managed switches have MAC/port filtering. An example, albeit a bit dated now, is the Cisco SG300

I'm not sure about sending emails, but many managed switches have MAC/port filtering. An example, albeit a bit dated now, is the Cisco SG300
Thank you.
The email alerts option would be awesome. Maybe someone else knows.

Thank you.
The email alerts option would be awesome. Maybe someone else knows.
Meraki appears to offer it. You're gonna pay the premium for that service though... https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Configuring_Network_Alerts_in_Dashboard

Just with some quick Google searches, it appears different models might offer it too. You may want to try to Google each manufacturer with the phrase, "email notifications" with it. ie "Cisco email notifications" and see what comes up. It's difficult to tell you exactly what to look at outside of that. You're likely looking at enterprise gear though. Not a normal home networking device. Mainly because it's going to need to be 1. Managed 2. Have MAC filtering 3. Send email notifications

I don't know about the email part, but you can use the "sticky" command with Cisco to lock the port to a certain MAC or shutting it down. You'll get notified when someone starts complaining they can't access anything.

I don't know about the email part, but you can use the "sticky" command with Cisco to lock the port to a certain MAC or shutting it down. You'll get notified when someone starts complaining they can't access anything.
Some of them probably have alerts. I just need to find one. Thank you.

Some of them probably have alerts. I just need to find one. Thank you.
Might want to read up on snmp access. You might be able to write a custom command that does what you're asking for when it polls your infrastructure.

That might actually be kinda fun to tinker with. I'll have to see if my switches have that functionality...

Might want to read up on snmp access. You might be able to write a custom command that does what you're asking for when it polls your infrastructure.

That might actually be kinda fun to tinker with. I'll have to see if my switches have that functionality...
Let me know if you find any on yours. Thank you.

Back