Smart Power Strips

wicked_chicken

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2009
Messages
316
Has anyone used smart power strips? I'm trying to figure out a good way to eliminate Phantom power from my pc rigs. It's not that I'm too lazy to turn everything off, but I'm pretty forgetful.

Any suggestions?
 
Umm, I would not do this for a computer. If your computer goes into sleep mode or is still idling, cutting main power may cause data corruption. Computers need to be shut down in software to keep them in good shape.

I wouldn't do this for a PC, only dumber devices like A/V gear or lights.
 
Silverpike, I understand that. However, if my PC was the on/off toggle device for my monitors, speakers, and other peripherals, that's what I was wondering if I'd see a real benefit.
 
I'm going to take a guess that the rate of return, real benefit as you call it, will take years - if not decades, to be realized for just your monitor, speaker and "other peripherals." My monitor and speakers, when in standby, register less than a watt of combined usage.
 
Back
Top