Smart phones

sct2000

Weaksauce
How many of you gone over your data cap's with verizon , att tmobile carrier 's .

I would have this month if I hadn't been grandfathered in with my unlimited plan. But only because I'm in the middle of moving and have been tethering like crazy. I've got just over 7 GBs now. But I rarely go over 1 GB when I have WiFi at home.

T4rd I was thinking of moving from sprint sero premium unlimited plan to verzion with better sigal
that's i wanted to see if any of did before i bought my new phone.
Thanks.

T4rd I was thinking of moving from sprint sero premium unlimited plan to verzion with better sigal
that's i wanted to see if any of did before i bought my new phone.
Thanks.

Well, if you can, I would check to see how much data you've been using on Sprint before switching. You just just be able to log onto their site and access previous bills to see what your usage has been. Unless you're constantly streaming media to your phone and/or downloading larger files, then I'm sure 2 GBs should be sufficient. Also, you're probably going to be paying considerably more on Verizon than Sprint on their SERO plan.

Are you talking about 3G signal? If not, then you should get 1X/phone signal on a Sprint phone anywhere Verizon has service since they roam on each others network. Just FYI ;).

I have 5GB and I have yet to go over 200MBs. I don't understand how people do it. I have WiFi at home and at work, so the only time I use data is when I'm in the car or out somewhere.

I don't have a data plan. Our carrier does not yet require one on a smartphone unless you get it from them via an upgrade. I use the wifi at work and home. I don't imagine that I would go over though if I did have it.

just so i get a good signal so i dont go out side to talk on the phone .

Well, if you can, I would check to see how much data you've been using on Sprint before switching. You just just be able to log onto their site and access previous bills to see what your usage has been. Unless you're constantly streaming media to your phone and/or downloading larger files, then I'm sure 2 GBs should be sufficient. Also, you're probably going to be paying considerably more on Verizon than Sprint on their SERO plan.

Are you talking about 3G signal? If not, then you should get 1X/phone signal on a Sprint phone anywhere Verizon has service since they roam on each others network. Just FYI ;).

T-Mobile doesn't have a cap. They have an unlimited plan for $70 flat now. I switched to it.

T-Mobile doesn't have a cap. They have an unlimited plan for $70 flat now. I switched to it.

no data cap but they throttle you down to EDGE speeds once you go over 2Gb and trust me tmobile edge is like very bad, just barely enough to receive txt emails.

just so i get a good signal so i dont go out side to talk on the phone .

If you dont get a good signal, call Sprint and ask about the Airvana Airave. It's a Femtocel that plugs into your home network and gives you full voice (and 3G data) coverage in your home. AT NO FEE!!! (but it's a loaner - you have to return it when you cancel service) I got one specifically for the reason you mention. I get GREAT Sprint coverage everywhere --- except my house.

As to your original question. I'm not *watching* my data since I'm on unlimited, but I average around 4-10gb a month, my most was around 20 when my DSL was out a couple days. I have an iPad I tether to and stream videos from home with AirVideo, so that eats up a lot of data, but even on my slow months that I dont do much/any streaming I still use several gigs. I second the idea to look at your past bills and see what your average is.

Unless you stream lots of videos or Tether (or constantly use streaming radio) you shouldnt use up much data.

and oh yes, T-mobile sux, especially if your in 4G coverage... those 2gb of data FLY past then it's like being back on dialup...

T-mobile's prepaid is $70 - discount code from callingmart = $63. The prepaid has a 5GB cap then throttle. Don't know why you would go with the postpaid if the prepaid gives you more data. Unless you don't already own a phone.

I was grandfathered in on unlimited here, I pulled in 2.2 gigs this month on my iphone 4. Keep in mind at my house my phone doesn't pull data very fast during the spring/summer due to the trees.. If the signal was better i'd use netflix's video service and let my girls watch their videos on it...

If they did a 30 a month for 5 gigs and say $2 for each gig over, i'd be happy as a lark.. Unlimited of course is always better, but I fear it will go away like the wireless competition one day (att/t-mobile drug deal merger for example)

I'm on Verizon. So far this month I'm at 3.4 gigs & counting. New month starts on the 10th. I believe this is the most data I've used thus far.

I don't have a data plan. Our carrier does not yet require one on a smartphone unless you get it from them via an upgrade

Back