Smart modding!!!!

mrmodman

Limp Gawd
ok i was thinking about how to cool my case down cuz its normaly at like 43C idle and i thought about how hott air goes up and there is no fan at the top of my case so i cut myself a hole and put a fan sucking the hott air out and now my temp is 36C its worked pretty dam good here is a pic
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

nice job my friend, now you should get rid of that pre-cut windowed side panel and put you dremmel skills to good work making a custom side windows..... :D

Nice, I have a 120mm for back and front and two 80mm on the side, do you guys think one 80mm or 92mm on top would improve a lot? If it doesn't, I don't want to add any more noise to my computer. BTW, I have an Antec 3700

heh, I thought that was a pic of your PSU and I was wondering how you got such a nicely cut small window on the bottom. Didn't realize what I thought was the bottom of the PSU was actually the side of the case.

I might have to throw 2 80mm fans on top of mine, I figure I have the room and 2 is better than one, or so I'm told.

vat said:
Nice, I have a 120mm for back and front and two 80mm on the side, do you guys think one 80mm or 92mm on top would improve a lot? If it doesn't, I don't want to add any more noise to my computer. BTW, I have an Antec 3700

Of course it would help keep the case cooler.
More moving Air = cooler temps in the case, which then allows the HSF to blow cooler air over the fins.

My Stacker has 7 Case Fans in it and it moves enough Warm air out to make the temps in my Room rise by about 5c when I have it running under load.
But at least its out of my case.

i definitly recomend top of the case fans it help alot and it was a fun project at 3 in the morning on a school night by a 15 year old

Majin said:
Of course it would help keep the case cooler.
More moving Air = cooler temps in the case, which then allows the HSF to blow cooler air over the fins.

My Stacker has 7 Case Fans in it and it moves enough Warm air out to make the temps in my Room rise by about 5c when I have it running under load.
But at least its out of my case.

Yeah I would rather punish myself than my computer too, lol. It's worth it, either that or punish myself later when I have to work to replace parts that die prematurely from heat.

hahaha 5c difference killing parts......lies

i have one 120mm fan bringing air in, very slowly that is as it's a cooler master near silent. and NO exhaust fans.....and right now my mobo is at 29 C and my athlon64 is at 31 C

i guess it helps though that i have a G5 case that's amazing :)

Back