I have a Sony VAIO system which has been booting up into the Windows 8 operating system with a SMART hard drive failure. The system boots up fine but is very slow which leads me to believe the hard drive failure is imminent (as the message says lol).
Anyway, what is my best option to back up and get back the system the way it currently is? I've attached a backup large USB drive and I'm using the Windows backup application to back up everything to this external drive. Would the next option be to remove the hard drive, replace it with something else and then restore the data from the backup?
Would I be installing the original operating system normally to the new hard drive and then using the restore app to bring everything back?
Is there a better way (clone?)...
Thank you all.
Anyway, what is my best option to back up and get back the system the way it currently is? I've attached a backup large USB drive and I'm using the Windows backup application to back up everything to this external drive. Would the next option be to remove the hard drive, replace it with something else and then restore the data from the backup?
Would I be installing the original operating system normally to the new hard drive and then using the restore app to bring everything back?
Is there a better way (clone?)...
Thank you all.