• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

smart error but only when drive is system drive

lukx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
352
Hope someone can help. I got Raptor 150GB and on my new rig Asus P5W DH Deluxe I'm often getting smart error. When I installed system on another drive (Rapto 74GB) I'm not getting it anymore when Raptor 150 is second drive. I'm getting those smart errors when 150 is system drive. Should I RMA the drive. But I'm afraid that it will comeback and they will say that there's nothing wrong with the drive if it's not showing smart error when used as second drive.
 
I would first be sure that SMART is enabled on all SATA channels. I once had a board that had SMART toggles for each individual IDE bus.

I'm not positive what HDD diagnostic to run on the drive to double-check your drive's integrity, but I would say that any symptomatic drive should warrant some closer inspection. My gut tells me that the RMA would be warranted, but I would do further tests anyway before you go without it for RMA.
 
Back
Top