Smallest speakers w/ decent sound

JamesL

Gawd
I'm enjoying a very nice headphone setup right now, and I'm looking
to replace my current cheapo speakers, with some smaller cheapo speakers.

I understand that small and cheap has it's limitations, so I'm looking
to take what I can get.

Does anyone have something small and relatively cheap, that doesn't
resort to the same weak, tinny sound that comes from my cell phone?

And how small? Gotta give us more info, define precisely what you'd like. Close your eyes and imagine what some speakers you'd be happy with look like, how tall they are, where they're placed on the desktop, that sort of thing. Then we can give you some recommendations. Klipsch makes some that work just fine (spaceman: note he asked for "decent sound" this time ehehe, let's not turn this into an audiophile-quality or even close to it debate-fest), Logitech has some that have decent to great sound, Creative, Altec Lansing, a lot of companies.

Right now the hot ones are the Swans M10 from a company for $82 and they'll more than likely going to get run out of stock forever soon at that price, if they haven't already. Highly recommended (I haven't heard them but spaceman apparently has and raves on 'em as do others), and for the price they are arguably "the best" available for what most people classify as a small desktop style speaker system.

OOPS... just did a quick check and they've jumped up to $109:

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_24&products_id=89

REGARDLESS... for that price, even I - not even having heard them - would probably grab a pair based solely on the recommendations here, at HeadFi.org and some other noted places.

So think about it, get that picture in your mind and toss out some more info...

Im looking at the Logitech V20 which are portable notebook speakers. But they supposedly sound pretty good and I am thinking of getting them with my notebook. Might work for your requirements as well.

Back