Smallest MATX box that can fix a corsiar H80.

nlancaster

Gawd
I have searched and searched. I want a really tiny box that can take Matx motherboard, and mount a corsiar H80. Any tips guys?

sure not much in the way of cable management though(i know op didnt ask this)

not a huge deal, this case is going to become a minecraft server for www.PDXMC.com.

Probably a i5 k model OCed some
32GB Ram
120GB PCIe 8x SSD for the MC Server 120k IOps and upto 1GB per second xfer rate.
60GB SSD for windows and web server
2TB for backup drive

And I have seen the v35* series and want something smaller. Need Matx cause I want to have 32GBs of ram. otherwise i would go mitx.

Antec NSK1380

11-129-038-03.jpg

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...0b0337703b3dcaf11c5a347b880662fdebb81a79c8c0c

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-Antec-_-11129038

I have worked on those before, and with the mutliply steel/plastic/aluminum construction they are very quiet on the outside, but the 120mm fan in that is for the PSU.

Have you considered the Shuttle SZ**R5?

Was looking at those, but my past experience with shuttle says limited to no overlocking and you end up with a loud fan if you do.

Leaning towards the SG09 if it ever comes to america.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1697899&page=7

Last edited:
what about the SG03/04? they were the king of matx

+1 SG03/04
Model No.
SST-SG03B-F (black)
SST-SG03B-F-USB3.0 (black)
--
--
Material
Aluminum front panel & 0.8mm steel body
Motherboard
Micro-ATX, maximum to 10.5”(W) × 9.6”(H)
Multimedia
--
Drive Bay
External 5.25” x 1 3.5” x 1 (Compatible with 3.5” HDD)
--
Internal 3.5” x 2
Cooling System
Front 2 x 120mm fan, 1200rpm, 20dBA
Rear Optional cross-flow fan
Side --
Top --
Bottom --
Internal --
Expansion Slot
Front I/O Port
USB 2.0 port x 2(SST-SG03B-F only)
USB 3.0 port x 2(SST-SG03B-F-USB3.0 only)
Audio x 1
MIC x 1
Power Supply
Optional standard PS2(ATX)
Operating system support
--
Expansion Card
--
Limitation of CPU cooler
82mm
Limitation of PSU
Unlimited
Net Weight
5.12kg
Dimension
200 mm (W) x 360 mm (H) x 312mm (D), 22.5 liters

I have a SG03 that has a i5-750 and a GTX460 and a H50 for cpu cooling and it gets pretty warm in there with that GTX460. Granted mine doesn't have a blow hole mod on top but I dont think the SG03 is made to handle some of these newer larger cards today. The SG03 has great intake cooling but no exhaust which is a huge problem for it. I love my SG03. Its a nice desktop SFF case but I think it has become obsolete now by newer cases. I highly reccomend getting a blow hole fan mod for it if you want the SG03. However I haven't seen any testing to see how well it works. Nobody has never posted temp results between a normal and modified SG03.

Edit: I dont think the H80 would fit in the SG03 unless you remove both intake fans which would rob you of its better cooling potential. My H50 only uses up one intake fan spot and leaves me the other to help bring in extra fresh air. The SG03 is probably better for H50 and H60 cooling units. I have heard of people doing full water cooling in the SG03 though.

Last edited:
FT03 is pretty cool and I've seen people stuff all kinds of rads in those.

I know you said mATX but if you can go ITX look at the SG07/08...

I had a H70 in it, currently using a Kuhler 620 though, but either way it works!

I have a SG03 that has a i5-750 and a GTX460 and a H50 for cpu cooling and it gets pretty warm in there with that GTX460. Granted mine doesn't have a blow hole mod on top but I dont think the SG03 is made to handle some of these newer larger cards today. The SG03 has great intake cooling but no exhaust which is a huge problem for it. I love my SG03. Its a nice desktop SFF case but I think it has become obsolete now by newer cases. I highly reccomend getting a blow hole fan mod for it if you want the SG03. However I haven't seen any testing to see how well it works. Nobody has never posted temp results between a normal and modified SG03.

Edit: I dont think the H80 would fit in the SG03 unless you remove both intake fans which would rob you of its better cooling potential. My H50 only uses up one intake fan spot and leaves me the other to help bring in extra fresh air. The SG03 is probably better for H50 and H60 cooling units. I have heard of people doing full water cooling in the SG03 though.

Not sure about the H80 but I had a H50 in mine. Honestly graphics card is fine, it gets zoned anyway and I had 2 5870 in mine. Besides modern cards are more energy efficient and uses less power thus generate less heat.

Exhaust is always an issue with the SG03 and the blowhole is almost essential or you can use a PCI blower fan (which I did). It did get pretty toasty inside but that's because I was running an overclocked i7 920 in it.

Hmm another matx option if you can still find them is the Antec NSK 3480

Back