Smallest LCD for closet

bloodeagle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
272
Hey,

I'm going to be putting two computers into a closet as servers, and I have no intention on putting an old CRT monitor in there to monitor them on the fly. I want to put a small LCD on the inside of the closet so I can see the basic information without remote PC control stuff.

So I'm looking for the smallest, yet still cheap, flat LCD monitor without going the ebay route. Anything above 7" is great.

Thanks a lot for suggestions!
 
The prices are fairly constants from the 7" to 19" with the 17 / 19 being the sweet spot. Dell 19 for 254.
 
I used a 15 inch refurb once for my closet server, psu kept falling out so i returned it..
 
silentsammy said:
I think its time you came out of the closet...

:D

My compaq's came out of the closet, its much easier to deal with them now that they are (were) out in the open.

Ill post pics of what I monitor my boxen with (you'll laugh your ass off, trust me). Its an interesting breed of CRT, black and white. Best thing to 'monitor' them with, would be VNC :). Or for the linux boxen, telnet/SSH.

Edit: Screw it, ill let the cat out of the bag. Its a viewfinder off a 1979 Toshiba camcorder, nearly 1" of CRT. With the lense stuck on the front of the CRT and my eye pushed on the front... The resolution is amazing. Its like walking into a big-screen movie theatre. Im not joking, everything is just friggen huge looking, and its easy to quickly do something, and then put away that 1" CRT.
 
bob said:
My compaq's came out of the closet, its much easier to deal with them now that they are (were) out in the open.

Ill post pics of what I monitor my boxen with (you'll laugh your ass off, trust me). Its an interesting breed of CRT, black and white. Best thing to 'monitor' them with, would be VNC :). Or for the linux boxen, telnet/SSH.

Edit: Screw it, ill let the cat out of the bag. Its a viewfinder off a 1979 Toshiba camcorder, nearly 1" of CRT. With the lense stuck on the front of the CRT and my eye pushed on the front... The resolution is amazing. Its like walking into a big-screen movie theatre. Im not joking, everything is just friggen huge looking, and its easy to quickly do something, and then put away that 1" CRT.

How'd you think of that...? lol, seems pretty random but :cool:

I'll be running Remote Desktop or something of that nature to do major things, but I just was looking for a small monitor so I can see harddrive space, uptime...stuff like that.

Pawstar: I came across them, but I don't really wanna spend upwards of 300. And I don't really need a touch screen. Thanks though :)

Keep the ideas coming, and I'll stay in the closet for now :D
 
Back
Top