Smallest HD reqiured to install beta vista?

urbanlegend786

Limp Gawd
hey, what is the smallest hard drive i can use to temporarly DL windows vista(build 5270) onto and just browse around and check it out? i have a 2.5gig HD, could i use that? thanks

That won't nearly be enough, especially when you consider the pagefile as well.

Minimum in my opinion would be 10gigs. Recommended around 20.

The footprint for Vista after installation is around 6gigs.

omNi.hk said:
In my knowledge, the Windows Vista OS needs a minimum of 1GB of hard space.

Where did you get 1gb for a minumum for Vista...

Like Vaeldain said, the footprint for Vista is like 6gb, I wouldn't install it on anything less than 20gb personally.

20 GB sounds about right, because you will need room for apps, swap file, and free space to allow for file movements, etc.

I have the Vista beta 2 installation with default settings and current Windows Update patches. The OS uses ~5GB and the size of the swap and/or hibernation files vary by the amount of memory you have.

On a Vista 9.3GB partition I only have 2GB free after including the 1GB hibernation file and 1.3GB swap file.

2.5GB HD? Forget about it. :p

if i install vista on my computer, wat programs can i download that will actaully work, and
will these work:
1-AIM
2-bitcomet/limewire

anything that is .NET should work, as Vista natively supports it

I heard from a bird that just flew by that the office 12 beta is curculating on the web, which sports the new interface. MS says its the biggest change to office on over 12 years.

Vette5885 said:

I heard from a bird that just flew by that the office 12 beta is curculating on the web, which sports the new interface. MS says its the biggest change to office on over 12 years.
Too bad that you cant install it on Vista yet.

corrosive23 said:
Too bad that you cant install it on Vista yet.
really?
office12.JPG

Good job of not reading the article i linked to. You can't install office 12 on Vista build 5308.

Forgive me for going a bit off-topic, but how'd you get Vista legally? Is there a beta out or can I just go and download it from MS or something?

You need to either work for a very large company that supplies the betas to their IT testers, or get an MSDN account.

Vette5885 said:
All that means is that you don't have to seperately download and install the .NET runtime.

Back