Smallest case for a full ATX motherboard?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

I am going to be working on a project for a DansGuardian PC and want it as small as possible but as cheap as possible also. I was going to go with an EPIA system which would have been smaller obviously but a free system fell into my hands so I am going to use it I believe.

So I am looking for as small of a case as possible to fit a full size ATX motherboard in it, regular PSU, 3.5" HDD, and maybe optical drive (probably not). Also the cheaper the better :D

Lian Li are nice and I might go that route if I fall into a vat of money however something very cheap would be better at this point, it doesn't have to look nice.

I wish there was something with the dimensions of the motherboard and just enough room to stick a HDD in there somewhere.

i was an author of one of those threads last week. i actually made the purchase for an A05B. very pleased. my only complaint is that i have some cyclical noise that is either from one of the two 120mm case fans, or the cpu fan. im pretty sure that it is from one of the case fans. not a big deal, but i will definitely have to replace it.

While the Lian Li is nice I'm sure I need cheap if I am going to buy anything. Currently the system runs and is in what looks to be an Enlight case that works fine. My only motivation to buy a new one would be to significantly reduce the size on a budget.

I ran into this same issue, though I didn't actually have a MB, so I went the mATX route. The trouble is that nearly all of them have a large number of expansion slots to accomodate ATX boards. I don't know how big this is, but it's cheap and a desktop case:

Dynapower C05

I have an old Prescott+MB+AGP card that I plan on sticking in one of these. I wouldn't trust the PSU for anything expensive, but it might be okay for something cheap. I'm probably going to get flamed for suggesting this case, but oh well. It looks decent to me. If you click on the picture, it isn't actually a tower, but rather a desktop case, since the DVD drives are oriented parallel with the case, rather than across it in a regular tower.

That case looks alright, I have a Thermaltake 0dB PSU that I would be using do you know if it will fit? Is the stock PSU a regular sized one or one with a smaller design?

The optical drive access isn't really a big deal, the only time I should need one is during installation of the OS.

Back